QBDBMgrn Not Running on This Computer
If You are a Long time quickbooks user or a new one you must have used the quickbooks Database server manager at some point or at least have heard about it. Many users have reported that they get an error and a message appears on the screen that the Database server manager is not running or qbdbmgrn not running on this computer. This error is mostly faced by windows users because their firewall is blocking interrupting access to the service. In this article, we will discuss the qbdbmgrn error and some ways in which you can fix this error easily.
What does qbdbmgrn not running on this computer error mean?
This error usually occurs when your quickbooks application is updated to the latest version but you forget to update the Windows firewall as a result this will stop some of the important services of quickbooks from thinking that its a malware.
When this error happens quickbooks database server manager can only be used in single-user mode and when you try to use it in multi-user mode you’ll get this message on the screen saying “qbdbmgrn not running on this computer”. If the user tries to fix this issue using quickbooks File Doctor he will get an error “Repair the following network problems before you try to access the company file from other computers on the network “QBDBMgrN not running on this computer”.
Reasons for QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error
- An issue in the network file of quickbooks
- QBDBSM not installed properly or not updated.
- 3rd Party Firewall can also Block quickbooks Services.
- QB application is a working internet connection.
Methods to Fix QBDBMgrN not running error
There could be many ways in which you should be able to get this problem fixed. Here in this article, we will discuss some of them. If These methods don’t work for you you can call our quickbooks Support Team and they will help you in solving the issue.
Before proceeding further to the more complex step we should try some basic steps that might fix this issue.
- Log out from quickbooks Account.
- Reboot the PC or the server.
- After the PC is turned on you can log in to your quickbooks account.
If the problem is not fixed then we can move forward.
- Fix QBDBMgrN issue With quickbooks Tool hub
- If there is a common network Issue that is causing this problem you should be able to fix this issue using the quickbooks Tool hub If you want to know more about this software and learn to use it you can visit our blog on quickbooks Tool Hub and learn to use this software.
- Update the Firewall of windows:
- Open Run and type Firewall.Cpl and press enter.
- Not go to firewall settings and check for updates.
- If an update is available click on Update now.
- Keep the recommended setting and finish the process.
- After Completion check for updates once more to make sure there is no update.
- When the update is complete restart the System then opens the quickbooks.
- Restart QBDBSM Service
- Open Run and type Service.msc and click OK.
- Search for quickbooks server manager service.
- Select File according to quickbooks Desktop Version.
- Right-click on the file listed in the file and select restart.
- Fix qbdbmgrn not running on this computer Using quickbooks Clean Install Tool:
- quickbooks Clean Install Tool can help the user solving issues that can not be solved by only uninstalling and reinstalling the software. To learn more about this tool and how can you use it to fix this issue you can read our article on quickbooks Clean Install Tool.
- Exclude QBDBSM From Firewall.
- Open Run> Type Window Firewall> Click OK.
- Open Firewall & network Setting>Advance Setting> Select Inbound Rules.
- Select new rules>Click Next.
- In the program, path exclude exe files.
- Check the Allow the connection box and click continue.
- Finish and restart the PC.
In the Above blog, We discussed qbdbmgrn not running on this computer error Which is mostly caused due to issues with the firewall and some other reason for this to occur, and some steps that you can perform to fix this error.