As there is updation in the technology so our accounting process is also fully advanced. For some companies or organizations, it is very important to use accounting software where we need accurate and instant results. This accounting software can be used by small and medium-sized business houses. So Quickbooks is the preferable accounting software and it is having so many amazing features and functions. On the other side, there are some errors found in the QB, which can affect our smooth working of the accounting. So these errors can be easily fixed with the help of Quickbooks File Doctor. This tool helps us to detect and repair the damages or corruption which are found in the Quickbooks and the company files.
Quickbooks file doctor is an authorized troubleshooting tool for Quickbooks. This powerful Quickbooks tool helps you in resolving company file or network issues. If you encounter with these errors like this -6150, -6000 -82, -6000 -305, -6000 -301, -6147, or -6130, H101. H202, H303, or H505 and get a missing or blank customer, vendors as well as employee list or any other list, then also this QBFD tool helps you in resolving the issue. It automatically detects the error and resolves the problem.
So don’t waste your time, just download and install the QuickBooks file doctor tool on your desktop or computer. If you are not aware of QBFD downloading and installation processes and never use this tool then I recommend you must read this post carefully. In this article, we discussed simple steps to download QBFD tools and step by step process to set up and run.
Types of QuickBooks File Doctor tool:
- Built-in QB File Doctor which is available in QB 2016 version and all later versions of QuickBooks.
- Users can download the stand-alone version from the internet. This version is only used from the server where the Quickbooks database server manager components are installed for the hosting purpose.
Compatibility with Quickbooks File Doctor
- Now file Doctor becomes a built-in tool for Quickbooks
- Quickbooks file doctor tool is only compatible with the only windows user. It’s not compatible with MAC users.
The important thing to remember before running a QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- Admin login is important before running the file doctor
- You must have a proper internet connection
- The file is having some size limit of 1.5 GB
- You have to check the Quickbooks. It must be a single version
- Quickbooks must be updated with the latest version.
- Quickbooks file doctor tool can be accessed by windows users, not by mac users.
- After downloading and installing QBFD if you want to know how to run then follow these steps.
Steps to Download and Run the QuickBooks File Doctor
- Firstly the user needs to download the Quickbooks file Doctor. now open the QBFD.exe file and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the tool.
- Now File doctor will automatically be installed on your system. Then click on the icon.
- Now the user needs to choose the company files issue tab from the Quickbooks tool hub.
- After that, you have to select the run QBDF option. Then you need to wait for a few minutes. It will take some time.
- Now from the Quickbooks file doctor, you have to select the company file from the drop-down list and if you are not able to see the company file then use the browser to search the company file.
- After that click on the file damage and then click on the diagnose option
- choose the check your file and the network option, if there is any issue in the issue or if you getting 6000 series error in the file
- the user needs to check the network option, if the user is using a QB multi-user network or getting H101, H202, etc type of error.
- Then enter the admin password if asked, after that, you will get the option to update to the latest version if you are using Quickbooks 2011 or older version. It is better not to update the password in between. you can do it later after the repair process. you can skill this option by pressing on the Next button.
- After doing all these your file doctor tool will start repairing your file
- After completing the repairing process and then open the repaired file
- you will see QuickBooks file doctor repaired all damaged files and network errors.
How to use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool stand-alone version
- Firstly download the QuickBooks tool hub and move to download by simply pressing ctrl+j from your keyboard.
- After that user needs to click on the QuickBooks tool hool.exe download list.
- Now you have to accept the license agreement by simply clicking on the yes button.
- After that click on the Next button and follow the instruction that will help you to install the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Then you need to wait for a few minutes to complete the installation process. After that, you need to select the finish button for closing the installation window.
- Now you need to open the QuickBooks Tool Hub. you have to simply click on the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub. If your Tool is not opening, then click on the green icon on your taskbar Window.
- Use the Dropdown, list to find out your company file name. It is only based on your last ten opened companies. Due to any reason if you are unable to see your company file then click on the browse to find the company and after that click on the continue button.
- Select one of the following options:
- when occurring both errors: file damaged and network connectivity issue
- Network connectivity issue only.
- when it is done, enter your admin id and password to get your company file and then click on the Next button.
- After that, if you are running a file doctor on a workstation or on the server then you need to select the host/server or the workstation
- In that condition, you have to choose the right one: Choose one of the following, If prompted share your company file: Points keep in your mind if you choose NO the file doctor on the computer then that time it is not hosting the company file. If you choose Yes File doctor on a computer that time hosts the company file.
- In the end, wait for your file doctor to finish diagnosing.
- Now close the Quickbooks file doctor when the detection or repair process is over.
Like this, you will be able to fix your damaged file or network error and after repairing the company file take a backup of the .qbb data file in an external storage device.
How to use Quickbooks File Doctor built-in version
- Firstly open the Quickbooks and you don’t have to open the company files.
- Then click on the file menu and then choose Utilities and then go to the repairs file and network problems by simply launching the built-in Quickbooks file doctor.
- Now you need to select or search the company file, that is having issues and needs to get repaired. You have to open the file.
- From the show advanced setting drop-down list, you have to select the type of fix for your file to be done and then click on the Next button.
- Then enter the username and password for the company file and then click on the Next button.
- Once the fixing process is over, then open the company file.
Possible results of Quickbooks File Doctor
- QBFD scans the complete file and does not find the problem.
In this case, QBDF completely scans the company file and is unable to detect the problem. Then your need to use QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery to use your backup file data. Then You have to enter all transactions till the last backup. It resolves your problems with the company file.
- QBFD finds the problem and successfully fixes it
In this file doctor successfully fixes the problem, and your issues are fixed now, and you can continue working on the company file. This is the best result that a user is waiting for.
- File doctor identifies the problem but fails to fix it
In this case, Auto Data Recovery is the most effective method of fixing the problem. You can use your last backup data and start working on a company file without having an error. But in that case, You have to enter the transactions manually till the last backup.
In which condition we have to the QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- Data Synchronize Error
Data synchronize error is that error when the user finds its list of vendors and customers are missing and the transactions are lost which are previously present in the Quickbooks transaction list. This Data synchronization error occurs when the synchronize manager is not synchronizing your data with the company file then there is a loss in the data.
- Network Diagnosis
In this section firstly user needs to login into an administrative mode and then go to the user account control window and turn off the user account. If you logged in as an administrative mode then the file doctor will automatically turn off the UAC.
When several versions of Quickbooks are installed in the system, then it’s very difficult for the file doctor to repair the issue.
The obstacle of QuickBooks File Doctor:
- File doctor doesn’t work if the company file size is smaller than 2GB.
- When the internet connection was important to upload the company file.
- If you want to scan the company file through a file doctor then you must be having proper login information.
- Network connectivity has a diagnosis and the repair option cannot work properly if several versions of QuickBooks have been installed in a single computer.
- with the database server manager only you can install the QuickBooks network diagnosis.
I hope in this post you learned everything about the Quickbooks file doctor tool like step by step process to download install and run as well as many other points. But still, if you think we missed something then leave a comment and you can also contact Quickbooks Proadvisor.
- What is the difference between the built-in and stand-alone versions?
Quickbooks file doctor has two versions. One is built-in and another is a stand-alone version. QB file doctor stand-alone version is mostly used by the server and the built-in version is available for 2016 and its later version. According to experts stand-alone version is more preferred by the built-in version.
- How long does QuickBooks file Doctor take?
Quickbooks file doctor will take only one minute to fix the damage. Run the Quickbooks file doctor and it will take a minute for the file to open. And if the file doesn’t open then browse the doc file and open it yourself manually.
- Why is QuickBooks taking so long to open?
If the QB file Doctor takes a long time then there must be some possible reason for that may be Quickbooks software is not updated with the latest release and there is a problem with a system or there are some damages in program files and installation of software