In this modern technology world, everything is changing, so there is a change in the way accounting has done. So intuit has also made changes in the software which are very helpful in accounting, bookkeeping, inventory, payroll, sales, etc. that is the reason behind the popularity of the QuickBooks software. In this blog, we are going to discuss what is Quickbooks Database Server Manager & how to download, install, and set it up.
It is an amazing and useful tool which is developed by intuit, If you want to work excellently then you have to install Quickbooks database server manager where the company files are stored and then it will perform excellently on the networks.
If you want to work on multiple versions of QuickBooks then you need to use this tool. This tool helps in creating network data files of the company files on the hosting computer and other computers can access these files. These network files are also known as .ND files.QB users have to make sure your current year database is running in the background. This tool allows QuickBooks users to share or sync the company file with another computer who all are networking. It helps in tracking and managing the multi-user network. With this tool, Quickbooks users can access the common company file at the same time.
What QuickBooks Database Server Manager Do for us:
- It completely scans the Quickbooks company file. Only files are scanned by this tool which is important for multi-user network
- This tool checks the local drive and it will automatically detect if there is any new company.
Need of QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- It helps in creating Network data files or.ND files. It creates for all those files which company files are stored in the network. If you are using multiple versions of QuickBooks then you need to install database server manager separately for every version of QuickBooks. Every software is having its own database Server Manager.
- When you install this tool you will be able to run on multiple versions of QuickBooks processes but you will not run on multiple versions of QuickBooks software.
- In case you are working on multiple versions of QuickBooks then you need to download and install a tool for every version of Quickbooks. Each version of QuickBooks has its specification. In the newer also and in the older version also you need to download this tool.
- If you load every year Quickbooks database server manager then you have to make sure that every year the database is running in the background.
Steps to Download and Install Quickbooks Database Server Manager
- Firstly you need to open the QuickBooks installer for installing and downloading the software.
- Then the installer window will appear on your screen
- Now connect the window with the internet and then press on the next button
- Before accepting the terms and conditions you need to read the whole agreement carefully once and after the select the next button for moving to the next step
- Then select the network options
- Now select the installation method of the database server manager
- Now type the license number
- Then click on the yes button
- After that follow the on-screen process to finish the installation process
Steps to Update QuickBooks Database Server Manager
It is important to check for the updates because every update is having some sort of specification. If we do not update the software then a serious issue can arise.
- Firstly go to the update Quickbooks desktop. If there is any update then the user need to download the update
- Once the update process is over then you need to restart the server
- After the rebooting process, you will receive a message the company files has to be updated to work with this version of Quickbooks desktop
- After that one more message will come on your screen create a backup and updates needs to modify the data structure
- Now you need to perform the on-screen instructions of backup.
- After the backup process, you have to open the QuickBooks company files
Method to use Quickbooks Database Server Manager
Step 1: Steps to open database server manager
- Firstly you need to go to the start button
- Then choose all programs
- Now you need to click on the Quickbooks
- After that, you need to click on the database server manager
- Then this below-given window will appear on your screen
Step 2: Scan Folder
Whenever you store any company file on the server then you need to check if the file is properly configured which is to be used on the network. For scanning the folder you need to perform these steps:
- Firstly you need to open the database server manager
- Then you need to click on the scan folder option
- Now you need to locate the folder which is having the company file. For that, you need to click on the browse button and search for the folder. If the user is not aware of the folder then the user can scan the entire disk.
- To begin the scanning process, the user needs to click on the start scan button.
- Once the scanning gets over, you are able to open the company file manually
Step 3: Add Folder
- Firstly open the database server manager
- Then click on the add folder button
- Then you need to locate the folder which you want to add
- Verify the folder which is having Quickbooks company files.
Step 4: Delete Folder or Remove Folder
You can delete the folder which you have added into the folder. For deleting the folder you need to click on the remove folder button.
Step 5: Monitored Drives
You can use the monitored drive feature to keep the database server manager busy and updated. You can add the new company file folder to the server
- Firstly open the Quickbooks database server manager
- Then click on the monitored drives
- To remove and rename the user needs to select the option.
- If the user wants to monitor the complete local drive then you need to add the drive
Step 6: Database Server
In the database server, you get the information of a list of users who all are logged in to each company file and it also shows the list of company files that are connected with the server. The status of the services will be running when the company files are on hosting. You can change the status of the company file then use the service administration tool to configure the services.
Step 7: Update
With this feature, you are able to update the database server manager. If there is any updates available then you can download and install it on your system
You can follow the update steps to update the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Steps to configure the Quickbooks Database Server Manager
- Firstly go to the start button a
- Then search for the services
- Once you found services then select the services and then locate the QuickbooksDBXX. XX is the version number
- Now open the services option
- Then click on the stop services option. If the services are on
- Now go to the general tab and then change the startup type to automatic
- Then go to the logon tab and then choose local system account options
- Now you need to select the recover tab and then select the restart the service option from each drop-down menu of First failure, second failure, and subsequent failure
- At last, you need to go back to the recovery tab and then restart the database server manager