QuickBooks Clean Install tool is used to repair the damage QuickBooks Desktop function, where only a simple re-install will not solve the problem. To resolve the issue, the users should uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop for windows then renaming installation folders and then perform a QuickBooks desktop re-installation. The entire process is known as Clean Install of QuickBooks.
Some important points for QuickBooks clean installation:
- Always keep a backup of the data because it can be used in the future.
- Download the CD which can be used to set up the QuickBooks.
- The license number and product number should be present.
- Login the computer as a windows administrator for the following next step of the setup.
- Always ensure that your device should complete the installation.
- The users can ensure that their QuickBooks Desktop download file or installation CD, and license number are available.
- It is vital to Backup your company file avoid any data.
Clean Install of QuickBooks Can Fix the Following Issues:
- Errors when opening the company file
- Display and template issues
- QuickBooks unrecoverable errors
- Run-time errors
The Solutions to Use QuickBooks Clean Install tool
The repair tool for the complete Clean Install QuickBooks procedure incorporates an Uninstall, renaming QuickBooks company file, and Re-installing QB Desktop.
Following is a step by step guide to perform uninstalling and reinstalling of QuickBooks:
Solution 1: QuickBooks Desktop Un-Installation
- Press Windows+R keys on the keyboard to open the RUN command.
- Click on the Control Panel and then Press OK.
- Next, select the Program and Features option.
- Open Programs list, click QuickBooks, and then Uninstall.
- Next, follow the online instructions to complete the procedure.
Solution 2: Rename the folders of installation
Post uninstalling QuickBooks, the next step is renaming the folders through Clean Install Tool QuickBooks. You can also rename the QuickBooks Installation folders manually.
Step 1: Download and RUN the QuickBooks clean Install tool
- After you have renamed the folders, download and run QuickBooks clean Install tool. Here is how you can perform this step.
- Download QuickBooks Clean Install Tool from here and save it on your computer.
- Open QuickBooks Clean Install exe.
- Select I Accept that is composed of a license agreement.
- Select QuickBooks desktop version and then Continue.
- Press the OK button when a message box that reads QuickBooks is prepared to complete a Clean Install, appears and you can install this to the default index.
Step 2: Manually rename QuickBooks desktop Installation Folders
- Next, you can rename the QuickBooks Desktop Installation envelopes to show the hidden documents and after that rename the folder location, listed for the MS Windows version. Add OLD at the end of the name of the folder. With this activity, you will maintain a strategic distance from QuickBooks from perceiving the folder while you make another one.
Step 3: On the off chance that you see the mistake, which says – The Access Denied while the Renaming the organizers
- The following steps will assist you to resolve the above situation:
- On the Windows Taskbar, right-click and select Task Manager
- Go to the Processes tab and select the Image Name column header to unravel the processes alphabetically.
- Select QBDBMgern.exe, QBDBMr.exe. , QBCFmonitorservice.exe, qbw32.exe, and hit END.
- Select YES when you receive a warning message box.
Solution 3: Complete a Re-Installation of QuickBooks Desktop
The final step to uninstall and reinstall the process is to Download and Install QuickBooks Desktop. The progression finishes the QuickBooks Clean Install process.