When you try to open your company file, and the company file doesn’t open, and the system throws the QuickBooks Error 6177. This error mainly occurs when QuickBooks software doesn’t use it, in the right way. If you are looking for the solution of this error then Intuit Suggest different solutions to fix these errors.
As you know that every technical issue can be resolved by a supportive team. You can easily get resolve these types of errors with the help of advisors but weather you have any solution to resolve the issue, you should try it.
When your system window throughout an error or pop up message like- Error(6177 0):
QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Basically, It happens when your file is located on a server and you are trying to access this file locally. This is because of some network issues, Corrupted documents, and doing anything with the old version of the software, firewall problems and many more.
Reasons for happening this Error-
- The incorrect path of your company file which is in your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Your QuickBooks file effected by virus & Malware.
- Corruption in between Downloading & incomplete installation.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 6177
You have to follow these steps to recover from the QuickBooks Error 6177. and such of the steps are-
Solution 1: Download the latest release of QuickBooks
- Firstly, Move your File from the local computer location and after that open a company file.
- whenever you get an error while you open the file then look forward to the portable company file.
- Update your QuickBooks Software on the latest release.
- If your window is not configured then add the window firewall ports for QuickBooks user.
- when you are working with the client computer then turn off the hosting.
- Create a new folder> access the data file location> Move your folder to the local computer and try to access the data.
- Take the full access of that folder which contains the company file on the server computer.
Solution 2: Download, Install and Run the QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor is one of the most important tools that will detect and fix your all error automatically.
Solution 3: Update your file location
- Open your File, Explorer.
- Press F2 while QuickBooks Is not open the exact file and get the exact location.
- Search for your company file, which ends with QBW.
- Write the drive name and location.
- After this move, your company files from the C drive. you have to move the file only not a whole folder.
Solution 4: Fix the File path manually
- Firstly, you have to find out your ND file.
- open your File Explorer on the server and search for your QB folder.
- Find the file which is with your company name and the ND extension at the end. It should look like this: Company name. qbw.nd.
- Click right for the ND file & select to delete. Don’t be worried about your accounting data. that process would not be harmful to your accounting data.
Solution 5: Configuration of QuickBooks Database Manager
- If you have a QuickBooks Database server manager tool that is ok. if you don’t have you have to download & Install the QBDS manager.
- On your Server computer Click on the Start menu and type database in your search list.
- After that Open the QBDSM.
- select that Quickbooks Folder that can hold your file.
- Start to Scan, when the Scan process is finished> Close.
- In the end, Set your Folder permission To share your company file with others.