QuickBooks Error 1069 occurs when you try to open your QuickBooks Desktop and start its services. This Service did not start due to a logon failure. There must be some login related issues with your QuickBooks. Therefore, we sometimes face errors. Accounting Errors is going to resolve QuickBooks Error 1069. QuickBooks is a complex yet user-friendly software that requires you to resolve some specific issues. Error 1069 is one such error.
Causes of Quickbooks Error 1069
Error 1069 in QuickBooks can crop up due to several reasons mentioned in the below-given list:
- If you are using an outdated version of the Windows
- Damaged QuickBooks Database Server Manager service
- Damaged QuickBooks Desktop application
The Solution to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1069
The various causes behind the QuickBooks error 1069 can help you in the resolution of the issue.
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks Application To The Latest Release
Before you proceed to the further troubleshooting solutions, make sure that QuickBooks is updated to the latest maintenance release:
- Open QuickBooks and from the Help menu, select Update QuickBooks tab
- Now from the Update QuickBooks window, click Update Now
- Checkmark the checkbox next to Reset Update to delete all the previous downloaded updates
- Click on Get Updates icon
- Restart QuickBooks to finish the task
- For complete instructions follow our article How to Update QuickBooks
- If it does not resolve the QuickBooks update error 1069, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Turn Off Hosting If the File Is Locally Stored On The System
If you use QuickBooks company file locally on your computer, then you need to ensure that the Hosting is turned off.
- Open QuickBooks application and from the File menu, select Utilities.
- Click Stop Hosting to Multi-User Access.
- Click Yes on the confirmation window.
- If the error 1069 continues, try the next troubleshooting technique.
Solution 3: Repair QuickBooks Error Code 1069
Follow the below-given steps to perform the procedure:
- Quit QuickBooks in the first place
- Press Windows + E keys together to open the system window
- Hit Change or uninstall a program
- Now in QuickBooks installation window, select Next
- Click the Repair radio button and then click Repair option
- Hit Finish, and it will repair the damaged installation of the QuickBooks application
- If QuickBooks error code 1069 persists, then try the next method.
Solution 4: Check The Version Of The Installed Windows
The below-given steps can help you to accomplish the task:
- First of all, search the hard drive of the winver.exe file
- You may find the file in the location C:\ System32 folder \Windows
- Right-click winver.exe file and choose Properties from the drop-down menu
- Make sure that the version of the Windows is English to ensure the smooth operations of QuickBooks on your system
- For step-by-step instructions check the article on How to check Windows Version.
- Perform the next procedure, if the QuickBooks company file error 1069 continues.
Solution 5: Repair Damaged QBDataServiceUser
To repair damaged QBDataServiceUser, follow the below stated steps:
- Go to the Windows Start button and search Control Panel in the given area
- Now click Administrative Tools, and then click Services
- Right-click the service that suits your version of QuickBooks software and choose Properties from the drop-down
- Hit Log On tab and mark the box for Local System account and click OK.
- Close the Services window and launch the QuickBooks application to see if the issue is resolved.