How To Resolve Quickbooks Error 15103
QuickBooks Error 15103 occurs in the category of update errors. It is basically the update error that will show up on your screen while downloading the payroll updates or during the update of your QuickBooks Desktop. When your installer is corrupted and you are trying to download the update then you may be stuck with QuickBooks Error 15103. This is also the critical error that may cause damage to your QuickBooks software to a great extent or your company data got corrupted. If any type of damage or corruption happened then it won’t get restored.
Easy Steps To Fix QuickBooks Error 15103
- Shut down all the running applications
- Go to the Microsoft Windows Start button – Settings – Control Panel
- Select Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the QuickBooks version you are updating and click on the Add-Remove button
- QuickBooks installation windows will be open, Click Next
- Repair checkbox should be checked
- Select Next or all positive options
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15103
The main causes that can bring forth error code 15103, stated in the below-given list:
- If It is present in the webroot antivirus software
- If the user does not have the sufficient administrative rights required to install the latest updates of QuickBooks
- Your QuickBooks isn’t able to update because the downloaded files have been corrupted.
The Solution To Resolve QuickBooks Error 15103?
By fixing the possible causes behind the error code 15103, you can surmount the technical nuisance. Follow the below-explained solutions:
Solution 1: Login QuickBooks As An Administrator
- To perform crucial changes in the QuickBooks application, such as installing the latest updates, you need to login to QuickBooks using administrative login credentials. If the error persists, move to the next solution to fix QuickBooks payroll update error 15103.
Solution 2: Check Your Internet Connectivity Issues
QuickBooks error code 15103 can also be caused due to some common Internet connectivity issues. Check the below-given list of the issue to avoid the update failure in QuickBooks:
- Make sure that Internet Explorer is your default browser
- Confirm that the date and time settings on the workstation are correct
- Check your cipher strength
- From Tools, navigate to the Internet Options and update settings
- If the error continues to trouble, try the next solution.
Solution 3: Check The Presence Of Skysweeper.exe In The Present System
- To check the presence of Skysweeper.exe on the system, follow the below-described steps:
- Press CTRL+Shift+Esc keys together to open the Task Manager
- Click the Processes tab and try to locate SkySweeper.exe
- On finding, open Add/Remove Programs in the window to delete it.
- If you are not able to find the Sky sweeper in the computer system, navigate to C: \ Program Files \Common Files\ Common Files\ Intuit\ QuickBooks\Components.
- Now you can delete Sky Sweeper to fix QuickBooks error code 15103.
Solution 4: Turn Off User Account Control Temporarily
- Temporarily disabling the UAC can help in the error resolution. You need to restore the security settings as soon as the issue is fixed.
- Click the Start menu. In the search area and type UAC.
- Now click “Change User Account Control settings.”
- In the window that appears, move the slider down to “Never Notify.”
- Hit OK and then restart the computer.
- If none of the above-described solutions can resolve the QuickBooks payroll update error 15103, jump to the next troubleshooting method.
Solution 5: Perform QuickBooks Clean Install
QuickBook’s clean install process can help you in the resolution of the Intuit error code 15103. But before you proceed, make sure that it is right for you, because you may not change its effects once completed.
- Create a backup of the company file
- Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop application
- Download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub and select Installation Issues
- Now select Clean Install Tool and hit OK
- When the Clean Install Tool finishes, you are ready to reinstall the QuickBooks application.
By implementing, executing or trying all these solutions you can easily fix Quickbooks error 15103, if you still unable to fix and need experts advice and help to handle this error then contact Quickbooks ProAdvisor.