The QuickBooks web connector is software that allows you to integrate web-based applications with your QuickBooks POS or QuickBooks Accounting software. With the web connector, you can initiate or automatically schedule communications between different web services. Also, the whole process is easy to follow and implement. QuickBooks Web Connector which is also known as QBWC or the executable name as QBWebConnector.exe. QB Web Connector is a windows application packaged by Microsoft to improve the user experience for QuickBooks users. It is responsible for exchanging data between web-based applications and QuickBooks Desktop products like QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier, QuickBooks Enterprise and QuickBooks point of sale.
QuickBooks web connector implements the Simple Object Access Protocol. It supports passing QBXML & QBPOSXML between a web application and QuickBooks. The set of methods that are used to integrate web applications with QuickBooks is called QuickBooks Web Connector WSDL.
Installation of Quickbooks Web Connector
Before you can install or reinstall a QuickBooks web connector, you need to have the .qwc file from the web-service provider. In other words, you have to contact your service provider first before doing anything. Once you have obtained the .qwc file, follow the installation process below.
- First of all, you download the installation package for the QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Then you unzip the file as it usually comes zipped and run the .exe file contained in it.
- Then you follow the installation prompt until it is completed.
- Note that some Windows components will also be installed if necessary.
How to Uninstall QuickBooks Web Connector
Just as how you needed the .qwc from your third party before you can install the web connector, you also need it to uninstall. Below are the installation steps.
- Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R on your keyboard.
- To open the Control Panel, type in control in the Run window and click Okay.
- Select the uninstall a program option.
- Choose a web connector to uninstall.
How to Add an Application to the QuickBooks Web Connector
- Enter the Web connector and click the add application Icon.
- Then click on browse and search the third party application’s .qwc file and select.
- After selecting the file, click on open.
How to Prevent Automatic Opening of the QuickBooks Web Connect When Putting the Computer on.
For Windows 8 and 10
- Open the Run Window by pressing Windows + R on your keyboard.
- Type shell: start-up and click okay.
For Windows 7
- On the Windows Start button, click and select All Programs.
- Then choose a start-up from the program list.
- On the QuickBooks Web connector, right-click and select Delete.
- When asked to confirm a shortcut delete, click on it.
Setting up your QuickBooks Integration
- In the Operations,> Quickbooks > Account Settings page, select the Admin User you wish to use and your QuickBooks program type.
- Click the Get.QWC file button.
- Click the Download Your Store.QWC File link. This will open a pop-up asking if you would like to open or save the file. Save the file in an easily found folder. You will need to reference this file when you launch the Quickbooks Webconnector program.
- Open the QuickBooks software you are integrating with QuickBooks Financial Software or QuickBooks Point of Sale. Make sure the company you like to connect to your E-Commerce Web site is open.
- Download and install the QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Open the QuickBooks Web Connector. Click the Add an application button and browse to the ‘NetSol Web Connector.qwc’ file you created and saved using the E-Commerce QuickBooks Setup Wizard.
- After a few moments, and Authorize New Web Service screen will be displayed. Click on the OK button.
- QuickBooks will display a screen for you to authorize access to your QuickBooks company for your E-Commerce web site. The screen will vary a bit depending on what QuickBooks software you are using. Select the option for allowing access whenever QuickBooks is open and continue.
- Enter your E-Commerce Control Panel password in the Password field of the QuickBooks Web Connector. Click Yes if asked if you would like to save the password.
- You may sync your E-Commerce Web site with QuickBooks no more than once every 10 minutes. If you would like the Web Connector to automatically sync your E-Commerce Web site with your QuickBooks software, check the Auto-Run box and enter an interval (in minutes) in the Every Min field. For example, to sync every 5 hours, check the Auto-Run box and enter 300.
- To manually sync, place a check in the box on the left and click the Update Selected button at the top of the QuickBooks Web Connector.
- After your first sync, go to the QuickBooks Account Settings page in your E-Commerce Control Panel. (Operations tab > QuickBooks > Account Settings). Place a check in the ‘Import inventory on the next sync’ and ‘Export Orders on the next sync’ boxes and click Save. Your E-Commerce website is now integrated with your QuickBooks software. Until this step is completed no information will be synced between your E-Commerce web site and QuickBooks.
Read More :
- Quickbooks Online Training
- Quickbooks Online Accountant
- Quickbooks Self-Employed Login