QuickBooks Error 6147 is an error when a company file is damaged or not properly located, It occurs when you are trying to restore a company file backup (.QBB extension) locally or from a network drive. We have been reported about the special cases where the company file exceeds the limit of 210 characters and shows this error 6147. Before updating the detailed solution please make sure that your QuickBooks is updated. The best course in such a situation is to get to the root of the issue. Find out what is causing the error and then solve it right there so that it doesn’t reoccur. Let us do the same. Error code 6147 might occur due to many reasons…
- Damage or Corrupt QB Company files with.QBW extension.
- Incorrect backup file path.
- The backup file name must be exceeding the 210-character limit.
- Improper QuickBooks desktop Installation.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error 6147
- The windows start running sluggishly
- The system frequently crashes with the error code
- A problem was detected and the system shuts down
- Windows unable to respond to keyboard and mouse inputs
- The active program window crashes with the error code 6147
The Solution to Resolve The QuickBooks Error 6147
Now you are completely aware of causes and what symptoms you are going to see when having such an error. So, let us proceed towards the possible solutions that you can try to rectify the error.
Solution 1: Download and Install QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download the QB File Doctor and install it by following the on-screen instruction. The software will help you in searching for the possible reason that is causing this error. When the downloading process is completed, Run the tool after installing it. Remember not to interrupt while downloading.
Solution 2: Make a back-file at a different location
- Make sure that you have not done hosting of the system
- In QuickBooks, click on the File menu and then click on Utilities.
- If you find Stop Hosting Multiple-User option there then follow the steps
- Stop the access of Hosting Multiple-User
- Click Yes in the window and wait for a few minutes until the next window appears
- Click on the Yes again with the company file closed.
- Now you can restore the backup file present on the system.
- You need to take one more step that is- confirm that the company file name is not more than 210 characters.
Solution 3: Use Trend Micro Scan
- Find your company’s file location, first
- Then press Ctrl and double click on the QuickBooks Followed by opening it without disturbing the company’s file.
- The company’s file must be on top. Therefore, choose the company file from the list.
- The company file list that you will open would display the location of the file.
- Now open the scan settings in Trend Micro active scan.
- Next, you have to carefully choose the folder and add it to the exception.
Solution 4: Repair .ND and .TLG file
- You need to rename the.ND and.TLG files. These files are configured files of QuickBooks that allow users to run the company file easily in a network or a multi-user mode.
- Follow the below steps to rename the file:
- Open the folder that includes these company files
- Locate the.ND and.TLG file in the list
- Now select the file to right-click on it and rename it to.ND old and The TLG file was old.
Solution 5: Rename.ADR file
- Next, you need to rename the ADR file as a QB working file.
- By renaming the.ADR file will solve the QuickBooks Error 6147. Follow the below steps to complete renaming the file:
- Open the folder which includes QuickBooks company files
- Now search for.ADR file
- Open the folder and search recently.ADR file
- Select that file and right-click on it.
- In the drop-down menu select Rename.
- Now rename it to .qbw