How to fix QuickBooks Error 6000 82?
QuickBooks error 6000 82 occurs when you are trying to open the QuickBooks company file, due to this error you may get trouble in accessing the company file from another computer or in a multiple-user environment. If you get this error that means you have any damaged or corrupted files. If you want to fix this error or want to repair a damaged or corrupted file, then read this complete post in this post we discussed the best possible solutions and step-by-step procedures.
Methods to fix QuickBooks error 6000 82
Bellow, we discussed methods of solutions that can help any user in resolving QuickBooks error 6000 82. If you want to fix error 6000 82 then try to fix by following these methods.
Method 1: spaces have to do removed from the company name
- .Exit from the QuickBooks account(log out).
- After that, you have to open the folder where the company name is located.
- After opening the folder then right-click on the company name file.
- Then click on the rename option.
- Then remove all the spaces from the company name and the file extension from the company name.
- After removing, now create a new company name file.
Method 2: turn off the systems where QuickBooks are installed
- For the single-user mode
- Firstly go to the files and then click on the utilities.
- Now click on the Stop Hosting Multiple User.
- Then click on the Yes button when the stop hosting multiple user message window will appear.
- When another window will appear of closed company files then click on the Yes button.
- For the Multiple User Mode
- Everything will be displayed on each computer. The error will be displayed.
- Firstly select the files menu from the no company open window then select utilities.
- Then check that the menu option is on host multi-user access
- If one or more client computers might display then this means you are already hosting multi-user access.
- Then select the stop hosting multi-user access option .on any client computer displays the stop hosting multi-user access and follow the prompts to turn off hosting.
- Now open the files again.
Method 3: for multiple user access, switch to hosting local and remote files mode
- Firstly open QuickBooks or by pressing the f2 key from the keyboard. To open the product information window.
- Now set the hosting to local files under the local server information at the bottom of the window.
- Now go to files and switch to multiple-user mode.
- Again open the company files on a network and open the product information window.
- Now verify under the local server information hosting is set to local files.
Method 4: Restart
In this, you will restart your computer so that all things will be removed and the status of the software will be changed. Even if this doesn’t work then move to the next method.
I hope after reading this you can understand How to fix Quickbooks Error 6000 82?, if you have any advice or suggestion then leave a comment.