QuickBooks Error 6189 is a runtime error gthat usually occurs when you open the QB Company file and when you trying to runs the QuickBooks desktop on multi-user mode. This error may occur when you are using a company file which is someone else using at the same time and the company file is not having access to the host. when hosting files are not having sufficient storage space to access the files.
When this Quickbooks error code appears this warning message window will appear on your screen. This error falls under the series of 6000. It is a critical error code that needs to be handled.
In this blog, we are going to discuss what is Quickbooks error 6189 and why this error occurs, and its troubleshooting steps. After reading this blog you will able to handle the error.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6189
- when you are using those file which is already used by someone else
- The installation process is incomplete
- download the corrupted files
- Trying to open those files for which you are not having permission
- the virus is there in your system
- problem with registry files
- removable drives are used to store the data
- When QuickBooks is not updated with the latest release
- Lost of log files
- When there is a problem with the hosting process
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6189
- When your connection gets lost
- When you not able to access the company files
- System hangs frequently
- When an active program crashes
- When an error message prompt on your screen
- When System respond slowly
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6189
These are the fixing solutions of Quickbooks Error 6189 :
Solution 1: Download and Run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Quickbooks file doctor tool helps in fixing the problem. It automatically detects the problem and resolves the problem with no supervision required. Follow these steps to :
- Firstly download the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Once the downloading process is over then you need to Install the file doctor tool kit and then run this tool on your system where the QuickBooks is installed.
Solution 2: Open a QuickBooks Desktop
- Firstly you need to Open QuickBooks
- Then go to the No Company Open option
- Now choose the Open a Sample File from the no company open window
- Then click on the Random company file button.
- Now repair your QuickBooks installation files, if you still face the same error message
- If you’re able to open a sample file then you can move to the next solution.
Solution 3: Close all QuickBooks Processes
- At first, you have to Log in as an Administrator mode on the server hosted computer side.
- Now go to the Task Manager.
- Then select the Users and see which users have started all the processes
- Now click on all QuickBooks processes (QBW32.exe, qbupdate.exe, QBDBMgr.exe.)
- Now end the process by clicking on the End Task button.
- Then open the company file in Multi-User mode and check error is resolves or not.
Solution 4: Install QuickBooks Refresher Tool
- Firstly you need to download the QB Refresher tool kit
- Then click on the qbrefresherv1.exe file
- Now accept the all user account permission
- Then click on the ok button for accepting the terms and conditions of the software
- when the installation process is over then you can click on the Fix my Quickbooks
- At last, press the ok button to begin the process
Solution 5: Fix a Multi-user problem in QuickBooks?
- QB online applications can be used by QuickBooks users from any location.
- To remove the error QB users are allowed to transfer the files from one drive to another.
- But make sure your encryption application is disabled
- Sometimes after rebooting the server and system some issues automatically resolve themselves.
- Change the tools mode. Set your tool on the multi-user mode.
- Then you need to install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the device to remove the QB errors.
- Rename the.TLG and.ND extension files for removing the error.
- Make sure the server is having a proper internet connection.
- QuickBooks software must be updated with the latest released version.