When using QuickBooks software has made carrying out organizational functions easier, the errors that restrict it from running are annoying. One common issue that users face when working on the software is QuickBooks error 6150. In case Hosting mode is off, possibly there will be a chance that some of the users will get 6150 errors due to QuickBooks software unable to access, create or read company files.
What causes QuickBooks error 6150?
- Firstly it can be any kind of damage or corruption to the QuickBooks installation.
- In case the user is attempting to open a portable file, without opening the software, then this type of error can be seen.
- Also, if the company file is infected with the virus, the user can come upon the QuickBooks error 6150.
- Wrongly typed extension for QuickBooks file that might also lead to error 6150.
- If the user is trying to save the QuickBooks file.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error 6150
- If the error message is linked to file-extension of the company file, then the user needs to consider changing the file extension and then saving the company file with a proper extension
- Another symptom can be if company file is not opening up on another device
- QuickBooks not up to date
- Error code displays on the screen
- System freezes for a few seconds
- Windows run sluggish or do not respond to the keyboard inputs
The Solution to Resolve QuickBooks error 6150, -1006
Well, the solution to fix the QuickBooks error 6150 can be multiple. In this article, we have discussed the most relevant and effective ones. Let us have a look at each of the Solution one by one.
Solution 1: Restore from Backup
- The first step is to visit the QuickBooks and then tap on the file, along with that open or Restore Company.
- After that, the user is required to apply to restore a backup copy and hit the Next option.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to opt for the local backup and then hit the Next tab.
- Followed by, selecting the location of the company file backup.
- Once done with that, then choose the backup option, which would be available with .qbb extension.
- The next step is to tap on the open and Next button respectively.
- Now that you have completed the above steps, it is time to visit the save-in drop-down menu and browse for a preferred location to restore the backup file.
- Type a new Company file name and then look whether the save has field has saved it automatically in .qbw format or not.
- Move to the next step by clicking on Yes.
- And the last step is to type Yes to confirm the overwrite process.
Solution 2: Look for CryptoWall
- In certain cases, the CryptoWall virus and other programs might cause error 6150, ultimately preventing the user from opening the QuickBooks.
- The user perform a quick check to decide the next steps to be followed:
- First of all, the user is supposed to open the Windows Start menu.
- And then, type file explorer into the search box, followed by opening file explorer.
- Once done with that, the user is required to look for QuickBooks folder, which could be available in C: drive.
- After that search for the file contains words like decrypt or instructions.
- If the user is successful in finding out the files that fit this description, then the user should consult an anti-virus provider.
Solution 3: Create a new QuickBooks desktop file from beginning
- In this Solution, the basic step is to open the QuickBooks desktop.
- After that, the user is required to make a new company, on the no company open window.
- Now, visit the QuickBooks setup window and then fill-in the required information.
- The next step is to click on the Create company option.
- And the final step is to begin working by creating customers, charts of accounts and services etc.
Solution 4: Using QuickBooks Auto-data recovery
- To begin with, the user is required to create a new folder naming it as QB Test.
- After that, spot the .tlg files in the company file folder.
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to copy the .tlg file from the company file folder and then paste the same to the QB test folder.
- Moving ahead, the user is required to open the QB Auto Data Recovery folder that can be found inside the company data folder.
- And tap on Utilities option under the file tab, along with that select the verify data to verify whether the issue continues.
- If the issue ends over here, then replace the company file in QuickBooks Data folder with the company file in the QB Test folder.
Solution 5: Reinstalling QuickBooks using the clean install tool
- The very first step in this process is to hit the ‘Start button.
- Then, the user is required to select the Control Panel and then click on the ‘Uninstall a program‘.
- The next step is to choose the QuickBooks application and then tap on to the ‘Uninstall/change‘ the app.
- Now, the user is required to select uninstall and carry out the deletion process as per the screen prompts.
- Once done with that, the user is required to download and run QuickBooks clean install tool.
- Move ahead, by clicking on the ‘I Accept and continue‘ option.
- Now, pick the correct QuickBooks version and hit continue.
- The next step is to tap on OK and then install the QuickBooks accounting software.
- The last and final step in this process is to open the QuickBooks desktop app and you are done with the process.