QuickBooks is the best business accounting software in accounting software. This special application program was developed & designed by Intuit Inc. It was developed with an aim to provide assistance to the small to mid-scale businesses in dealing with their financial accounting tasks. When operating QuickBooks, you can get a number of errors, out of which QuickBooks Error Code 15270 is surely an error which is to be faced by QuickBooks application.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error 15270.
Below given are amongst the several reasons that will lead to QuickBooks Error Code 15270.
- Updated files could not be downloaded
- The User account settings are turned on, and this can interfere with the QuickBooks updates.
- Internet Explorer is not the default browser.
- An incomplete installation, as a result, Program files are not properly copied.
- The computer could not download updated files, due to the poor network connection, insufficient memory or untimely program termination.
- Interference in the update functions because of user account settings and their functioning.
- If Internet Explorer(IE) is not the default browser, then also getting access to the network will create problems.
- Inaccurate program files or an incomplete/unfinished installation has a direct impact on QuickBooks Installation.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15270
Step 1: Download the QuickBooks Update
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Then go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Then click on Update Now to the top right corner
- Now make a check on Reset Update and click Get Updates (See an image below)
- Once Update is complete, close QuickBooks
- Now restart your QuickBooks. Then,
- Go to Employees > Get Payroll Updates
- Choose Download Entire Payroll Update and click Update
Step 2: Download and Run Quick Fix my Program
- Download QuickBooks Tools Hub and now go to your Downloads (Ctrl+J)
- Make a double click on QuickBooksToolHub.exe
- Then follow on-screen instructions to install it
- Now open QuickBooks Tool Hub from desktop
- Once it’s open, go to Program Problem and click Quick Fix my Program (See an image below)
- It may take some time to fix the issue
- Once completed, restart QuickBooks Desktop.
- If QuickBooks Update Service message comes up click on Install Now
- If the same problem still exists after following the above 2 steps, please proceed further with the below steps.
Step 3: Ensure that Internet Explorer is your Default Browser
- Press Windows+R keys to open Run Window
- Type inetcpl.CPL into the Run and click OK
- Then click on Programs and click on Make Internet Explorer the default browser
- Click on the default web browser and then choose Internet Explorer
Step 4: Turn Off User Account Control (UAC)
- Press Windows+R keys from the keyboard together to open Run box
- Type Control Panel in Run command and click OK
- Now click User Accounts > User Accounts
- Then click Change User Account Control Settings
- Now move the slider to Never Notify and click OK.
Step 5: Rename or Delete paysub.ini File
You may need to speak with our experts in order to rename the PAYSUB.INI file.
Step 6: Repair QuickBooks Desktop
- Press Windows+R key from the keyboard and a Run box will popout
- Type “Control Panel” into the Run Box and Click OK
- Choose Programs > Programs and Features
- Select QuickBooks from the list
- Click on Uninstall/Change and Yes
- Click Next
- Choose Repair and click Next
- Click Repair
- Now, this process may take some time to repair your QuickBooks Desktop
Step 7: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks
You may also need to Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop in order to fix this error. You can reinstall QuickBooks using the Clean Install Tool.
How can the user avoid this error?
Before jumping onto the troubleshooting steps, it is recommended to first discuss the ways to avoid the QuickBooks error code 15270. Let us quickly have a look at those pointers:
The update file can be downloaded with much ease, and when the update process ends, the user will have to confirm by clicking the update complete button. Also, the user will be required to start the QuickBooks software and then apply the changes as per the business needs. Another thing that can be done to avoid QuickBooks error 15270 is to make sure to have the updated and genuine version of QuickBooks software. The system can be rebooted and the user can visit the QuickBooks update service window and click on the install later tab, in order to handle the payroll update file related bugs.