Quickbooks error 6073 occurs when users attempt to open the company file in multi user multi user mode . This also occurs when quickbooks are unable to open the file because someone may have opened the same file.It is a very time consuming error to remove this.You want to open the company file at the same time so that user to switch to multi user mode.The file could also be located in read only network folder.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6073
This error caused by any of the following reason :
- The file is open on another PC in Single User mode.
- The file is located in a read-only network folder.
- The file is being accessed using a remote software (LogMein, GoToMyPc,etc) and the host computer sees that the user is still logged in.
- The files are hosted on a Linux server and are using more than one set of login credentials to sign on to the shareholder.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 6073
SOLUTION 1: Use the quickbooks file doctor
You have to fix company file and network issues with Quickbooks file doctor and ask queries about this error.
SOLUTION 2: Manually resolve the error 6073
If the company file is open in single user mode in another workstation
- Close QuickBooks desktop on all computers.
- Open the company file on the Host computer
- Go to the File menu and select switch to multi-user mode.
- IF you face the same situation, you have to reboot all workstations.
If the company file is open in single use mode on the host computer
- Go to the File menu, and select the company.
- Reopen the company fille. Go to the File menu and open or restore the company.
- Select an open company file.
- Choose your company file.
- Select and open a file in multi-user mode.
If your company file is located in read only network folder
- Go to the computer that is hosting your company file.
- Open the folder where your file has been saved.
- Click on the folder for open and select properties.
- Go to the Security tab.
- Select the user who faces a problem to login and then edit.
- Checks allow for full control.
- Select For Apply.
If the computer is being accessed remotely using (LogMein,GoToMyPc, etc)
Fix the problem from quickbooks tools hub:
- Select program problems in QuickBooks tools hub.
- Select quick fix my problem.
- Start Quickbooks desktop and open your file.
After trying these two methods of the solution you can easily fix QuickBooks Error 6073. If you have any type of suggestions and advice related to these solutions then leave a comment.