How to fix QuickBooks error 6000 83?
As you, all aware that QuickBooks is excellent accounting software and it’s gaining popularity because it is very cheap, and it’s having a lot of features. As users are increasing and at the same time issues are also increasing and these errors and bugs interrupt our work and its have to be handled immediately. So that our work keeps going. Such type of error is called QuickBooks error 6000 83.
QuickBooks error code 6000 83 is the error that comes when you trying to do some work in company files. When you try to open, restore, and backup your company files then this error comes.
QuickBooks error code 6000 83 comes under the series of companies files 6000 error. In this series errors mostly comes because there is damage in companies file or the system files. These types of errors have to be fixed as early as possible.
Reasons Of QuickBooks Error 6000 83
There are multiple possible reasons due to that QuickBooks error 6000 83 occurs:
- Damaged in companies files
- Accessing permissions are not fully granted in the network
- QuickBooks installation is not complete
- The folder is damaged where companies are stored.
- Multiple computers are trying to host the company’s files.
- Security software is blocking access of the QBData server.
- The server has limited access to company files.
- QuickBooks has been blocked by firewall
- Some files of QuickBooks are missing
- Trying to convert companies file into an older version of QuickBooks in network
- Missing company files
- Which file and folder you are sharing is damaged or corrupted
Indication of QuickBooks error 6000 83
These are some basic indications which help us to know QuickBooks error 6000 83 occurred.
- It interrupts our processing. Our working gets stops
- The error message window will display on the screen with the message “ QuickBooks error code 6000 83 “
- Windows gets slow down and interrupts your work
- Regularly computer hangs.
- QuickBooks error code 6000 83 occurs and our active program gets crash
How To Fix Quickbooks Error 6000 83
There is a various possible solutions to fix QuickBooks error 6000 83. Follow these steps and resolve your.
Solution 1: Try to fix the error manually
- Firstly open the QuickBooks
- Then configure the security setting of Quickbooks
- Then check the access permission to the company files
- After that scan the folder where company files are stored.
- Now create a new network description file
- Then change the multi-user mode for hosting the company files.
- At last, try to open company files in some other location. you can do this by simply copying the files from one location to another. If it gets open then move that file into that same original location and open it.
Solution 2: Check Backup Files
- Firstly to need to open the windows
- Then open the file explorer
- Now you have to search the folder where the backup of company files are stored and open it.
- Right-click on the file which is having extension .Qbb at end of the file name.
- Then select the rename option
- Now remove all special symbols, characters, and spaces from the filenames.
- Right-click on the .qbb extension files and choose the rename option of that file.
- The same way removes special symbols, characters, and extra spaces from the filenames.
- Restore the company files.
Solution 3: change the extension
Firstly you need to check the extension of the company file. It should be always .qbw while you restore the file. If the company file is stored with another extension then an error occurs.
Solution 4: Use quickbooks file doctor
quickbooks file doctor helps in solving the issue quickbooks error code 6000 83. It depends on the size of the company file. If the size of the file too big then the process will take some time to automatically detects the problem and fix it accordingly
- Firstly you have to download the quickbooks file doctor
- Then save the downloaded file
- After that open the downloaded file which is having extension QBFD.exe and then follow the installation steps
- Once the installation is finished then run the quickbooks file doctor.
Solution 5: Turn off hosting of all computer who have permission to access the company file
- Firstly open the quickbooks
- Then go to the file new
- Then select the utilities from the file menu
- After that, you need to search for stop hosting multiple user access
- Then select the button for stop hosting multiple user access
- If a message window appears on your screen with this message host multiple users access that means your pc is not hosting your QB files
- After that, you see a message window with this message stop hosting multiple user access
- Now you need to click on the yes button for the company file you need to be closed and then press the continue button
- Repeat the steps for all the computers
Solution 6: create a portable company name
If your restored QBB file can’t be opened then move back to the previous step and then open the company file and create the backup.
- Firstly you have to follow the create portable company name steps
- Then use a portable company name file to restore the company file.
Solution 7: edit windows host file
- User may need admin access for editing the windows host file
- Firstly configure the Linux database server manager
Steps to configure Linux database server manager
- Open Linux database server manager on your server
- Then follow the Linux database server manager steps and the directory in the Initord.conf file.
- Then restart your quickbooks on your host computer.
If the company files are opening and you see an error then configure the host file
Steps to configure host files
- Open window startup menu on one of the host computers
- Then open the command window
- Now type ping on the command window and press the enter key through the keyboard
- Then write the server name and the IP address
Continue editing host files
- Firstly close all the QuickBooks which are connected to the network
- Then exit the QuickBooks
- Now open file explorer
- Then select my computer from the navigation bar
- Open c drive
- Then find the sytem32 folder
- After that open the driver’s folder and then the ETC folder
- Then right-click on the file.
- Open that file in notepad
- Go at the end of the file and then Add the Linux server IP address at the end of the text and add your Linux server name.
- Select the File and then Save.
- Then close Notepad.
If the above steps cannot help you to fix the QuickBooks Error 6000 83 or you are unable to fix this error then I recommend you must contact QuickBooks Proadvisor.