Cybersecurity concerns have increased requests for the QuickBooks password recovery process. Security is necessary to keep confidential data intact and secure. Hence, it is essential to have a strong password to avoid any hacks and threats. There is no way to extract the password, so a brute force attack or dictionary search is required to find the password. If the password is long and complex, it may take a long time. You can use a password calculator to estimate the recovery time. Luckily it is possible to reset the password to a known one. This can be done instantly and you can open your document immediately. However, the original password will remain unknown.
Recovery methods used by QuickBooks password (click to find more information on each method):
- brute force attack
- dictionary attack
- Smart force attack
- Password variation
- Password reset
Keeping this in mind, QuickBooks security experts have set some specific criteria for password creation. Here are:
- Need a minimum of 7 characters (it can be a combination of letters, numbers, special characters, etc.)
- Use at least 1 numeric character
- Required minimum 1 Uppercase letter
- There should be no spaces
- Passwords are Case sensitive.
As with several other passwords, you need to remember the QuickBooks Password Crack. When you are on the ‘login screen,’ but it does not ask for the User-name, then you are on the Administrator’s log-in screen. If you forget this password and now need to retrieve it, then utilize the QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Password Crack
- First, Download Automated Password Reset Tool for QuickBooks
- Select the QuickBooks Version
Note: Select the last opened QB version used for opening the Company file. Ensure that this version is installed in the system where you are going to run the Password Reset Tool
- Fill in the QuickBooks license number and the relevant business info when you are registering QuickBooks.
- Select Next
- Now, Agree & Accept the ‘License Agreement.’ The automated Password tool will be getting, However, if you receive a prompt that the details given do not match then Log into the Intuit account to ensure that the below-listed criteria are correct. These are:
- The authorized User-name.
- Email Address
- Main/ primary mailing address, and the ZIP code
- License no.
- Phone no.
Note: At this stage, if you are asked to choose between RUN or SAVE, then select ‘Save’ and put this to your Desktop.
- Next, RUN the automated password tool
- Fill in the Token Number that you receive through email
- In the QB Desktop products drop down the list- select the same QB version
- Select the ‘Browse company file’ option and click on the Company file for which the password has to be set.
- Put in the New Password and Confirm it
- Finally, Click Reset Password’ to complete the process.
Note: Even after troubleshooting if still, QuickBooks is not able to start, then use the new password to log-in to the Company file. Please note you will have to fill in the verification form again.
Thank you for reading this article. Hopefully, QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool was helpful, and you could retrieve your Admin password without any stress.