In this blog, we will discuss the reasons behind Quickbooks Script Error which help you yo identify the issues easily. Further, we will highlight the scenarios followed by resolution methods to fix “Quickbooks Script Error” The errors which confuse a user about their existence. This happens because a user encounters this error when opening a QuickBooks company file. Script error in QuickBooks provides no information as to why the error occurred. Apart from this, it also does not show any error message that anyone can understand.
When a user looks at the QuickBooks program and finds that a specified web page is not loading which means that there is a problem in the script of that page. This error is not related to the safety of the page rather it is a minor error that is simply mounted and never breaks your files or causes any data loss.
You may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
What causes QuickBooks Script error?
Possible reasons for QuickBooks Script Error :
- Importing a dealing that has an account which was not created before the import.
- Importing bill or invoice which has account different from assets or accounts due
- Maybe the account name and account number are already present.
It has been noticed that Script Errors are usually associated with Internet Explorer as QuickBooks uses its engine by default. When you try to look at a webpage from QuickBooks, the webpage may not load or won’t be useful to you in a specific manner which simply means that “A problem has taken place in the script of this page” and a similar message is also displayed.
There are various causes of script error in QuickBooks. Perform different troubleshooting steps provided until you figure out the root cause and reach to the resolution. The following troubleshooting steps for script error in QuickBooks are as follow:-
Solution 1: Clear Cache data folder of Microsoft Internet Explorer or the default browser
- Open Internet Explorer
- Select tools
- Click on Internet options & then the general tab
- Click on the Delete option under browsing history
- Checkmark all the options like cookies, history & temporary internet files
- Click on apply and then ok
Solution 2: Disable add-ons on Microsoft Internet Explorer or your default browser
- Open IE
- Go to tools
- Select Internet options
- Choose programs tab
- Click on manage add-ons
- Select the disable add-ons function & click ok
Solution 3: Reset your default browser or Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click on tools
- Select Internet Options
- Click on the Advanced tab
- Click on Reset to default and click on apply & Ok
Solution 4: In case you want to add the web source to a trusted site add the web source to the exception list in your browser.
- Open IExplorer
- Select Tools
- Go to Internet Options.
- Click on the Security tab.
- Add *.intuit.com to trusted sites.
Solution 5: Disable Script Debugging in your browser
- Go to Internet options in IE
- Click on Advanced tab
- Scroll down below to two options (Disable Script debugging Internet Explorer & Disable script debugging other)
- Check them and click on apply & ok
Solution 6: Configure security settings of a default security application
Any script blocking feature enabled in the default windows security application should be disabled. Configure the security application or get help from QuickBooks experts remotely.
Solution 7: Damaged Windows User
If your user in Windows is corrupted or damaged create a fresh new user with equal admin rights to stop getting script errors. This is only applicable if you are getting script errors with every web source.
Solution 8: Re-install the plugin software
Maybe your script processing application is damaged. And you need to re-install or repair the software
- Locate the plugins installed in your control panel
- Reinstall all the plugins like JAVA, ADOBE FLASH, and .Net framework
Solution 9: Verify Active Scripting & Uninstall Active X
Active X controls are disabled in high-security level in Internet Explorer
- Open IE and go to Internet options
- Select tools and click on the Security tab
- Click on Default Level and click on Ok
Sometimes Active X is damaged which prevents the browser to display QuickBooks data. Uninstall the file to unblock the access to your QuickBooks file.
Uninstall or remove the ActiveX file in Internet Explorer
- Go to options in IE
- Click on Settings
- Click on View Objects
- Check all ActiveX files currently installed in your system
- Locate file name starting with box-like qboax11 or qboax11.dll
- Ensure you close all Internet Explorer running windows and delete the located files from the system
Solution 10: Repair your QuickBooks Data File
Repair your QuickBooks company file using QuickBooks file doctor. Download and install QuickBooks file doctor from Official QuickBooks download page.
Read More :