Hi, Quickbooks users are you also frustrated from Quickbooks error 1920 and want to know why you get this error. Then don’t worry here I will tell you why you get this error code how easily fix.
Users get Quickbooks error codes 1920 when you are trying to update or install Quickbooks desktop that means Quickbooks database server manager failed to start or database server manager is unable to connect with your company file.
If you also trying to install it on your desktop or laptops but after attempting may fail again and again then try below-discussed steps or solutions. The solutions are much time tested by professionals or experts, so without hesitation immediately try to fix your problem with bellow mentioned steps.
Causes QuickBooks Error Code 1920
- May be the problem is with your operating system or computer
- Due to malware
- Maybe a problem is with registry file
- Due to invalid shutdown
- Due to missing or deleted registry file or invalid entry in the registry
Steps to fix Quickbooks error 1920
Condition 1: If you’re trying to install or update QuickBooks
Step 1: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- To uninstall you need to press a super key and s
- Then you need to go to a control panel
- Then just after that click on program and feature
- After that select version from a list of program
- And then click on uninstall and follow instruction
Step 2: Rename the installation folders
- First of all, go to the installation folders
- Press Windows + R keys together to open the run dialogue box.
- Enter the location of the folder and hit on the enter key.
- Hit a right-click on the folder and then choose Rename.
- Finally, Rename the folder to.OLD.
Step 3: Manually Resolve the Errors
- The first thing to do is rename the QuickBooks Desktop company file.
- After this open your QuickBooks Desktop and then open the company file.
- Now on your keyboard press on F2 or Ctrl+1 keys so as to open the Product Information
- After this track the location of the company file listed in the File Information.
- Once done close QuickBooks Desktop
- After this navigate to the company file location
- For Windows 10, 8.1 and 8: Right-click on the Windows Start button and then choose File Explorer
- For Windows 7 and Vista: Right-click on the Windows Start Button and then select the Open Windows Explorer.
- Once done you have to right-click on the file and choose the Rename option
- After this type, the new name of the company files and click on Enter. In case, Windows ask you confirm you to give confirmation for the action then click on OK.
Condition 2: If you’re trying to update QB Database Server Manager on the server computer
Use these steps if you do not have QuickBooks on your server. You need to share your company file over the network utilizing QBDBMS.
Step 1: Uninstall the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- First of all, you need to press the Windows + R keys together on your keyboard.
- This will open the Run dialog box. Type appwiz.cpl and hit Enter key.
- Press OK.
- Choose the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Now Choose the Uninstall/Change option and then follow the onscreen instructions.
Step 2: Rename the installation folders
If you have other Intuit apps installed on your computer system, you need to only uninstall or rename the QuickBooks versions folder located in the Intuit folder: C: \ Program Data \ Intuit.
- Go to the installation folders. Refer to the chart below.
- Press Windows + R keys together to open the Run command.
- Enter the location of the folder, and then click on the enter key.
- Right-click on the folder, then choose Rename.
- Rename the folder to.OLD.
I hope after reading this you will understand How to fix Quickbooks Error 1920? or what are the causes behind it. But due to any reason if you are unable to fix error 1920 then I recommend you must hire a Quickbooks ProAdvisor and if you have any suggestions or advice related to this post then you can leave a comment.