If the QuickBooks desktop is installed properly, the QuickBooks user may encounter different types of error codes. A common error code that often appears is Quickbooks error OLSU 1013. This prevents users from updating their account-related information and often pops up when you try to set up online banking in QuickBooks accounting software. This blog post provides you with easy steps to fix the OLSU 1013 error, which is the bank connection error message in QuickBooks.
What is QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013?
QuickBooks online, upon facing issues or glitches while connecting with your bank, shows an error that read – An unexpected error occurred. The branding and profile servers could not be accessed. You will have two options on the screen – Click Cancel to discontinue setup & retry setting up the account again for online services. In case the issue persists after trying the options mentioned above, you can call QuickBooks support. Also, you can try the troubleshooting steps we are going to provide to fix the error OLSU 1013 and get rid of this banking error code.
QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013 – Reasons
One of the foremost reasons to trigger this banking error is a continuing issue with your bank. These issues may be of different sorts. Your banking institution may be facing an issue during operations. There might be multiple other reasons too. The following are the most common reasons to cause QuickBooks error code OLSU-1013.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop version is outdated.
- QuickBooks is not connected to or facing troubles in connecting with your bank.
- Bank servers are unresponsive because of some undergoing updates or maintenance.
- The Financial Institution Directory that you have is not updated.
- You are using a mode other than Express or Side by Side Mode.
- Incorrect login credentials.
- The connection between QuickBooks Desktop and Internet Explorer is not being supported by Internet explorer configuration.
Things to know before you start exercising the troubleshooting steps
Before you start trying any of the solutions to fix this QuickBooks error code 1013, check if your QuickBooks Desktop is updated. Update it if it’s not.
- Visit google.com or any other safe website to make sure there is no internet activity issue.
- Try to log in to your online banking using a browser. Check if your login credentials are appropriate
- Make sure to Update Internet Explorer and set it as your default internet browser.
- You must be using QuickBooks in Single User mode.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013?
Below are the quick steps to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code OLSU 1013
Step 1: Keep the Default Bank Account under Company and Personal Preferences
- Click on the QuickBooks icon to open the accounting software and sign in to your company file as an administrator.
- Click on Preferences under the Edit menu and then Checking.
- For all of the options, select Default under the My Preferences tab.
- Once you have the Company Preferences tab, select the default account for all the options.
- Click OK and type in the credentials to log in to your online banking using QuickBooks again.
Step 2: Update your FIDIR (Financial Institution Directory)
- Open QuickBooks, Go to the Banking tab, and click Bank Feeds and then Bank Feeds Center.
- Select Sync all for this bank from the drop-down menu.
- Go to Windows File Explorer and follow the path C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QuickBooks XXXX\ Components\OLB \branding \filist.
- Click the link available for your QuickBooks version and then press Ctrl+A keys to select all the text on the page.
- Fir QuickBooks 2016, QB 2017, QB 2018, QB 2019
- Copy the text on the page (Ctrl+C) keys.
- Now within the files folder, double-click the fidir.txt file or do a write click on the mouse and select open.
- Press Ctrl + A keys to select all and then press Ctrl+ V keys to paste the copied content.
- Go to the File tab at the top left corner, press Save and close the file.
- Restart QuickBooks.
Step 3: Set QuickBooks to Use the Express Mode
- Go to QuickBooks Desktop, open the Edit tab, and select Preferences.
- Click Checking on the left side of the screen.
- Press the Company Preferences tab and then select Express Mode Once you are in the Bank Feed window.
- Click OK to save changes.
QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013 is a common error that can affect users all the banks, including Bank of America, HSBC, Wachovia, or Capital One and at times, when the issue erupts from the bank’s end, it is an uphill task to troubleshoot this error.