quickbooks Error OLSU 1013
quickbooks users encounter different types of error codes while managing files and data with quickbooks and during that process, you may also get quickbooks error OLSU 1013. This error occurs when quickbooks fails to establish a connection with your bank. or the authorized user’s bank account gets inactive for online banking usage & the online banking setting in quickbooks is not properly configured as well as user is not able to update your account-related information or download the latest transaction. If you get quickbooks olsu 1013 due to any above-discussed possible causes, then read the complete post carefully and try to fix them in a step-by-step approach.
What is quickbooks Error OLSU 1013?
quickbooks Online, users face some issues or glitches while connecting with your bank, and shows an error message – An unexpected error occurred. The branding and profile servers could not be accessed. You will have two options on the screen – Click Cancel to discontinue setup & retry setting up the account again for online services. In case the issue persists after trying the options mentioned above, you can call quickbooks support. Also, you can try the troubleshooting steps we are going to provide to fix the error OLSU 1013 and get rid of this banking error code.
quickbooks Error OLSU 1013 – Reasons
The following are the most common reasons to cause quickbooks error OLSU-1013.
- Using an outdated version of quickbooks Desktop.
- quickbooks is not connected properly or facing troubles in connecting with your bank.
- Bank servers are unresponsive because of some undergoing updates or maintenance.
- The Financial Institution Directory that you have is not updated.
- You are using a mode other than Express or Side by Side Mode.
- Incorrect login credentials.
- The connection between quickbooks Desktop and Internet Explorer is not being supported by Internet explorer configuration.
- using weak and unstable internet connection.
Things to know before you start exercising the troubleshooting steps
Before you start trying any of the solutions to fix this quickbooks error code 1013, check if your quickbooks Desktop is updated. Update it if it’s not.
- Visit google.com or any other safe website to make sure there is no internet activity issue.
- Try to log in to your online banking using a browser. Check if your login credentials are appropriate
- Make sure to Update Internet Explorer and set it as your default internet browser.
- You must be using quickbooks in Single User mode.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of quickbooks.
How to Fix quickbooks Error OLSU 1013?
Below are the quick steps to troubleshoot quickbooks error code OLSU 1013
Step 1: Keep the Default Bank Account under Company and Personal Preferences
- Firstly Click on the quickbooks icon to open the accounting software and then sign in to your company file as an administrator.
- Then click on the Preferences under the Edit menu and then Checking.
- For all of the options, select Default under the My Preferences tab.
- Once you have the Company Preferences tab, select the default account for all the options.
- At last, Click on the OK button and then enter the credentials to log in to your online banking using quickbooks again.
Step 2: Update your Bank Directory
- Firstly Open quickbooks and then Go to the Banking tab, and then click on the Bank Feeds option and then click on the Bank Feeds Center.
- then Select the Sync all for this bank from the drop-down menu.
- Now Go to Windows File Explorer and follow the path C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ quickbooks XXXX\ Components\OLB \branding \filist.
- Click the link available for your quickbooks version and then press Ctrl+A keys to select all the text on the page.
- Fir quickbooks 2016, QB 2017, QB 2018, QB 2019
- Copy the text on the page (Ctrl+C) keys.
- Now within the files folder, double-click the fidir.txt file or do a write click on the mouse and select open.
- Press Ctrl + A keys to select all and then press Ctrl+ V keys to paste the copied content.
- Go to the File tab at the top left corner, press Save and close the file.
- At last, Restart quickbooks.
Step 3: Set quickbooks to Use the Express Mode
- Firstly Go to quickbooks Desktop, and then open the Edit tab, and then select the Preferences option from the menu.
- then Click Checking on the left side of the screen.
- Press the Company Preferences tab and then select Express Mode Once you are in the Bank Feed window.
- At last Click on the OK button to save changes.
quickbooks Error OLSU 1013 is a common error that can affect users all the banks, including Bank of America, HSBC, Wachovia, or Capital One and at times, when the issue erupts from the bank’s end, it is an uphill task to troubleshoot this error.