QuickBooks is the most influential and successful Accounting software which is used by millions of users. It has impacted the accounting fraternity like no other software. But we can’t turn a blind eye to all the errors that a QuickBooks user can run into like the QuickBooks Error 15301. In this blog post, the QuickBooks Experts have penned down the solutions for fixing this error manually.
You can go through each step and then try to apply it to your computer to resolve this error. If you get stuck on any step or need assistance then you can always get in touch with the QuickBooks Experts.
A solution to Resolve the Quickbooks Error 15301
Before moving on to the solutions it is important to understand the causes for this error. You will most likely run into the QB Error Code 15301 while trying to download the latest payroll update or updating your QB to the latest release available.
It is, in fact, a common error that stops you from updating the QB payroll tax tables or the software itself. Make sure that you have an active and stable internet connection before you move on to the solutions.
The Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors of support for error recommends the following steps:
Step 1: Install a Digital Signature Certificate
- Firstly, open the Windows Explorer utility. You can do that by pressing the Window and E keys on your keyboard.
- Click on the text field and copy-paste “C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks”, press Enter.
- Look for the .exe file and right-click on the file to open the drop-down menu.
- Click on Properties.
- Open the Digital Signature window and make sure that Intuit, Inc. is marked in the signature list.
- Go to Details > View Certificate and click on the Install Certificate option.
- You will get multiple prompts on your screen. Click on Next until you get the finish button.
- Click on the Finish button and then reboot your computer.
- Open QuickBooks and try to download the Tax table once again. If you run into the QuickBooks error 15301 again then move on to the next step.
Step 2: Repair QuickBooks
Are you confident that your QuickBooks is not already damaged? If you are not then we advise that you take a backup of your data before doing anything else. Now, we will try to repair your QuickBooks.
- First of all, close all the programs or applications that are running in the background.
- You can use the Task Manager to close all applications.
- Now, press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Click on the text field and type Control Panel. Hit Enter.
- Head to the Add/Remove Programs section.
- Look for QuickBooks in the list and then right-click on it.
- Choose Repair.
- Click on the Next button.
- Wait for the repair process to finalize.
- Reboot your computer once the repair process is finished.
- Open your QuickBooks and try to download the updates again.
- If you still run into any error or issue then get in touch with the QuickBooks Support Team immediately.
Step 3: Configure the firewall and anti-virus protection :
In certain situations, the main reason for error 15301 appears because of the configure of the anti-virus software and the windows firewall. you must make sure to allow access to the internet connection, which is necessary for the QuickBooks. this is because, the firewall is not good news when it comes to updating the software, and it will not allow the updates to takes place.
that is why you need to make sure that the outbound and the inbound rules are set such away, so that your QuickBooks software, gets to receive its update on time. once you reset the firewall, you are requested to reinstall the Quickbooks software and install it in a safe mode.
However, if none of the above solutions works for you and you keep facing the QB error 15301, it will be better for you to take the help of professional individuals who make sure to solve your issue in time.