- October 23, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Error
QuickBooks Error 80070057 is occurring when you tried to open the file with the same program. but the file doesn’t open due to some reasons. When you try to open your file with QuickBooks 2014. the file shows an error message or you can say a dialog box, where you get the message “80070057: the parameter is incorrect“.
This error indicates that the user is getting QB error 0x80070057 when he opening the file, also indicates that the user doesn’t have any rights to read, create and delete the company file. In this situation, you don’t need to worry because, on the other hand, there is a smarter and easier QuickBooks recovery tool which is user-friendly and they have a self-guiding interface that actually helps the user to perform and resolve the problem faster and the easier way. The main reason behind it given below:-
Reason for QuickBooks Error 80070057
- QuickBooks is not able to read your company file because the file extension was changed.
- You have a third party firewall who is not allowed to configured for Quickbooks.
- Maybe you are opening the file by double click on it, but not open it from inside of QuickBooks desktop.
- You are trying to open a portable file but not having QuickBooks open.
- When your QuickBooks installation is damaged.
- When you’re attempting to back up or create a portable file at an abstruse file location.
- Maybe a firewall application is blocking network ports.
- If QuickBooks detects the damage in your company file at the time of installation of Quickbooks.
- Maybe you are working on a file which is situated in USB flash drive.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 80070057
1. Verify the file name extension
- Right-click the company file.
- Choose properties.
- Click the QuickBooks Tab >
- Now you have to note the file extension in the File-name field and version of QuickBooks, in the Last opened with a file.
- Now click on the ok option.
Change the Extension
- Create a new folder.
- Copy and paste the company file into a new folder.
- Now, Right-click on the new folder and click rename.
- Convert the file extension into QBM.
- To save changes you have click anywhere.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and then, you have to Restore the Portable
If you are also having a problem while opening QuickBooks, rename the extension to QBB.
- If the file does not open, rename the extension to QBX.
- Now, Open QuickBooks, Convert to an Accounting copy.
- Now you have to copy the company file and paste it another flash drive folder.
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop along with Window Explorer.
- Now Go to “File” option and click on right and now choose New Folder.
- Now, Copy the “Company file.QBW” from Flash drive and paste it into a new folder.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and then open a new folder.
2. Manage clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
- You have to run clean install during Uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks.
3. If Converting files from Mac to Windows
- Use the Backup option in Windows function to convert QB from Macintosh to Windows.
If you are still facing the problem, don’t worry imidiately contact our Quickbooks support through our toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Support Number, you can directly contact our technician for any help they are available 24*7. Dial +1-888-883-9555 to talk with QuickBooks Proadvisor.