When Quickbooks Error 1601,1603,1642 occurs updating or installing Quickbooks in your system. The Error messages associated with these errors are:
- Error 1601: Windows installer is not accessible
- Error 1603: There was an issue installing microsoft.NET Framework and Here the update installer encountered an internal error.
- Error 1642: This error installing Microsoft.NET Framework When installing the Quickbooks.
In Quickbooks Error 1601,1603,1642, This error has a different name but all of them are similar in nature. They have some common causes, symptoms, consequences and troubleshooting methods. Quicken has various error codes and issues that can hamper workflow easily. Most of the errors in Quickbooks comes under a category such as update errors, installation errors, company file errors etc.in this blog we will discussing some common installation error that restricts from installing Quickbooks on your system. Quickbooks error 1601, 1603, or 1642 are those errors for which we will be providing you the solution. you can easily use the Quickbooks install Diagnostic tool to resolve the installation error in Quickbooks. If the error continues then move further in this blog to resolve them manually.
Causes of the Quickbooks Error 1601,1603 and 1642
Some common causes of Quickbooks Error 1601,1603 and 1642are as given below:
- Microsoft Windows installer is damaged and it is causing this error.
- Quickbooks installation is damaged
- Set up Sources was damaged or corrupted
- Microsoft Windows installer is corrupted
- The current Windows user doesn’t have the appropriate rights to install or update Quickbooks.
- Firewall settings are not allowing Quickbooks to get updated.
- your computer is under a virus or malware attack.
A Way to repair Quickbooks Error Code 1601,1603 and 1642
If You Get Error When Installing Quickbooks – Quickbooks is designed under a complex algorithm or it requires the various component to run smoothly such as Microsoft.NET Framework. It is required for Quickbooks to get integrated with the components smoothly you can get these installation errors if Microsoft.NET Framework is corrupted.if your Microsoft.NET is corrupted or missing then you have followed these steps to troubleshoot Quickbooks Error Code 1601, Quickbooks error 1603 or Quickbooks Error 1642:
- Use the Quickbooks File Doctor Tool to resolve the possible data corrupted issues in your Quickbooks.
- Install all the available updates for your Windows Operating System
- Install all the updates for your Windows Drivers.
- Manually repair .NET Framework or Contact the Microsoft Support.
Following this solution should support you in resolving the error code 1601, 1603 or 1642 in case you are facing the errors due to damaged or missing Microsoft.NET Framework.
If You Get Error When Updating Your Quickbooks Software – If You Get Error When Updating Your Quickbooks Software then reinstalling the Quickbooks Software Won’t support you in resolving this error. You will have to completely uninstall the software then rename all the old files then install Quickbooks that too using a fresh source because the existing source can also be causing the error. This process is basically known as the clean install or clear uninstall.
- Uninstall the Quickbooks
- Firstly open the control panel then go to the programs and features section.
- Find the Quickbooks and click on uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen signs and when the process is finished then click on Finish.
- Rename the old installation folders
- Reinstall Quickbooks Desktop using a fresh source.