How to fix quickbooks Error 12002?
quickbooks error 12002 occurs when quickbooks failed to make a connection with your Internet. This is one of the most common errors we encountered when our internet connection is very slow and quickbooks has a requested timeout.
In addition, quickbooks error code 12002 also appears when you want to download quickbooks payroll or updates and your internet connection is not working well. In this blog, you will find more information about the show that you can solve quickbooks error 12002, what are the reasons for this error code.
What are the Causes of quickbooks Error 12002
- The main reason behind this error is “Network Timeout” due to a slow internet connection.
- If your Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is incorrect.
- Most of the time it is seen that Internet Security or Firewall Stopping your system to connect with an Internet connection.
- quickbooks enables you to send or receive information on the server when you have a good internet connection, as a result, you face a quickbooks error 12002.
- If you don’t select your Internet browser as a default browser on your computer then you can encounter this error.
- You may face this error when you don’t have the wrong setting of your Internet browser.
A Solution to Fix quickbooks Error 12002
There are various ways to solve an error some of them are given below-
Solution 1- Checking Internet Explorer Setting
- First, you need to close the quickbooks and open your Internet Explorer
- Now go inside the “Tools” and choose “Internet option”.
- From it choose the “Security tab” and set the level of security setting Medium-High.
- Next, you need to select the “Globe” icon the tap on the “Content” tab.
- Now you have to check the available option is showing the “content advisor”.
- Now you have to tap on the “Connection” tab and follow the given below steps.
- Go inside the Never Dial Connection.
- Now you just have to choose the right “ISP” and then hit the “Ok” After that click on the “LAN” setting.
- Now you have to enable the checkbox of “Automatically detect setting”.
- You make sure your “Proxy Server” is Disable.
- If you found “Port 80” then Disable the box by unchecking the box.
- In the end, you need to press the “Ok” button to save all the changed settings.
- Now you need to select the Advanced tab:
- Tap on the Restore Advanced Setting option.
- Then you need to search Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2.
- Now you have to make sure TLS 1.0 is checked and the rest one is unchecked.
- Next, you need to close the Internet Option and then press the Ok button.
- Now you need to close the Internet Explorer and Restart your computer system again.
- Now you have to reopen your quickbooks again and check it out the quickbooks error 12002 is persist or not if the error is still there then you need to move on the next solution.
Solution 2- Update quickbooks
- First, you need to go inside the “Help” then you need to tap on “Internet Connection Setup”.
- Now you need to click on the circle with this message “Use my computer’s internet connection settings”.
- After that click the “Next” button, and select the “Done” Option.
- Now go back to quickbooks and try to update again:
- If your quickbooks version is 2006 and earlier: Then Choose “File > Update > Update Now tab”.
- Else you need to choose: File > Update > Update Now tab.
Solution 3- Verify your Internet connection
- Firstly open your quickbooks and sign in into the quickbooks then open the “Help” and then take a look at Internet Connection setup.
- Here, you need to choose the “Internet Connection Setup”.
- Then you make sure your connection is set to utilize your computer system Internet connection.
- After that select the Next > Done button.
- Here you need to check it out your quickbooks error 12002 is solved or not if not then move on to the next solution.
Solution 4- Reset Update Setting
- The first thing you need to do is select the “Update Now tab”.
- Now you have to go inside the “Reset Update checkbox” and then “Get Updates”.
- If you failed into the update then you need to follow the given steps:
- Go inside the “Restore Advanced Settings”.
- Here you have to search TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2.
- You must check all the TLS should be unchecked except TLS 1.0.
quickbooks error 12002 occurs at that time when your quickbooks application is unable to make a connection to the Internet then quickbooks shows the quickbooks error code 12002 messages on your screen. you can solve this error by performing the “Checking Internet Explorer Setting”, “Update quickbooks“, “Verify your Internet connection”, and “Reset Update Setting“. If you want to know more about it then you can read the above article.
We hope the above-given solution will solve your problem. After applying every step carefully you can fix quickbooks Error 12002. If this solution does not works for you then you can take advice with the IT professional Expert.