QuickBooks error 15241 occurs when the Qb payroll gets damaged or corrupted and it is creating a problem for QuickBooks software to get updated with the latest release. It commonly occurs when the File Copy Service of Quickbooks software is disabled.
QuickBooks error 15241 can occur maybe there is some damage in the QuickBooks desktop installer. If your system configuration is improper then also error occurs.
If you are dealing with this error then read this blog carefully. Here we will discuss what is Quickbooks error 15241 and its various aspects and its fixing steps.
Symptoms Of QuickBooks Error 15241
- It crashes the active program window.
- the system starts to crashes regularly.
- When the windows start responding slowly
- System start hanging frequently
- when you can’t able to update your payroll software.
- you are getting false notification of update the payroll software
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15241
- Downloaded file get damaged
- Improper installation of QuickBooks
- Windows registry files get corrupted
- Viruses also affect the Quickbooks
- By mistake, some important QB files get deleted
- when you have not properly shut down the system
- Quickbooks file copy services are disabled
Step To Resolve QuickBooks Error 15241
Windows 10, 8,7 and Vista Operating system Users:
- Firstly you need to Close the processing of the QuickBooks Desktop software
- Then go to the taskbar and then go to the Start button and then click on the My Computer and then click on the Manage button.
- For Windows 10 Operating System, firstly go to the Search tab on the taskbar and then type My Computer on it and Search My Computer. After that click on the My Computer option and then select the Manage tab
- A new window will be displayed on the left side of your screen and Choose the Services and Applications option from that window
- The Services option is displayed on the right side of the screen under the Services and Applications option. Then click on it
- Highlight the Intuit QuickBooks FCS option and Click on it once again
- Then click on the General tab and then go to the Startup Type option’s drop-down arrow and then on the Manual tab
- Then click on the Apply button
- Now Select the Start option and then press the OK button.
- after that Open QuickBooks Desktop software once has done
- Then check for the updates and then download the latest updates released for the version
- Finally, update the payroll tax tables
Windows XP Operating Software Users:
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop software
- firstly Go to Desktop and then Click on the My Computers button and then select the Manage option to open the Computer Management screen
- Then Go to the new screen and search for the Services and Applications option and then click on it.
- Now Go to the Services option and Click on it to open it
- After that, Go down the screen in the Services Window and Search the Intuit QuickBooks FCS service and click on it Intuit QuickBooks FCS Properties window will open
- In the newly displayed window Choose the General tab and then select the drop-down arrow of the Startup Type option and click on the Manual option
- Then click on the OK button
- Now Restart your QuickBooks Desktop software
- Download the latest updates released for your QuickBooks program
- Easily update the payroll tax tables
Steps to update the payroll tax table
To fix the QuickBooks error 15241 for that you need to update the Payroll tax table
- Firstly you need to go to the employee menu from the main menu bar
- Then select the Get Payroll Update Option
- Now mark the download entire payroll update and then go to the update option
- once the download process will complete then the window appears on your screen with a message that the payroll tax table is updated.