How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 15222
Quickbooks Error 15222 refers to the error that a user encounters when attempting to download a Payroll or QuickBooks update. QuickBooks releases updates for its different products and updating it is imperative to avail the new features and the improved existing features. It happens when the user fails to download the payroll update successfully error 155222 is displayed. It indicates that the payroll update did not compete because QuickBooks failed to verify the digital signature within the update file. This error might occur due to incorrect configuration of Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15222
- The IE function encompasses in registering digital signatures stops working.
- Non-working listed digital signatures. QuickBooks find the digital signatures in the downloaded files, and if it fails to find them, QuickBooks 15222 error occurs.
- Problems related to internet connectivity like slow internet or failure of the internet connection.
- The unsuitability of the default browser when internet explorer is not set as the default browser.
- Incompatibility of your system.
- Improper system configuration.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 15222
These symptoms can occur when QuickBooks error 15222
- You are unable to download the payroll updates.
- QuickBooks users are unable to download QuickBooks updates.
- The error code 15222 of QuickBooks is visible on the screen.
- QuickBooks does not reply for a few seconds.
- You find it difficult to work on your device as it becomes sluggish.
Step to Resolve QuickBooks error 15222
Solution 1- Install & set up a digital signature certificate:
- When QuickBooks could not verify the digital signature within the update file, the below-given instructions can be helpful.
- Close QuickBooks to begin with the process, because if QuickBooks is open, you can’t see the digital signature tab
- Use Windows Search to locate the file QBW32.exe
- Now right click on the QBW32.exe file and select the properties
- Click on the digital signature tab and verify that Intuit, Inc. is selected in the signature list
- Now select details and then click on View Certificate in the Digital Signature Details window
- In the Certificate window, hit on Install Certificate
- Follow the prompts carefully and keep on clicking Next until the Finish option appears.
- Finally, Restart the computer and Run QuickBooks Update.
Solution 2- When you have anti-adware, antispyware, anti-malware, or antivirus software:
- If the same QuickBooks error code is caused due to blocking by any of the above-listed software, then you need to modify their settings to exempt the files qbw32.exe and qbupdate.exe and Intuit.com, quickbooks.com, Payroll.com domains.
- Once exempted, the antimalware software will not prevent QuickBooks payroll downloads.
Solution 3- Authenticate the settings of Internet Explorer
- Confirm that Internet Explorer is your default browser (For instructions follow the article How to Find My Default Browser)
- Check if the date and time of the computer are correct
- Now delete all the temporary Internet files and cache
- Select LAN settings on the connection tab
- Next to “Automatically Detect Settings,” tick the checkboxes for SSL2.0 and SSL3.0.
- Restart the browser