How to fix Quicken Error OL-301?
When you are trying to connect online banking services to your financial services provider using the Direct Connect tool, that time you may get an error OL-301 or receive a OL-301 error message. If you get that error message and you are unable to connect your banking services to your financial services provides., then you must need to fix that error immediately and to fix here we discussed step by step process to resolve Quicken error OL-301, but before resolving that error we need to understand its causes or many other points & here tried to cover all that you need to know.
Why quicken ol 301 a error occure
When you enter your username or password incorrectly, an error code is Quicken OL-301-A. This can also happen when there is an issue of connecting to a financial institution while using Direct Connect. The financial institution may eventually need to settle the situation. Whenever you try to get the latest transaction details from the server, the immediate error OL-301 refers to invalid or null data transfer from a bank or financial institution. Illegal data transfer from bank server to client system may occur due to various reasons such as authentication, connectivity or server down, in which case the system generates an error code OL-301. The first thing users should know about the reason behind the occurrence of this error and then try to cope.
Causes of The Error OL-301-A
The following are the main reasons due to that an ol-301-a quicken error code appears while accessing Quicken account for managing the financial statement. Have a glimpse of the noted lines:
- Because of incomplete installation of Quicken software
- Due to changing in a package of Quicken software or Delete written account Key
- Virus or Malware infection that has corrupted Windows System files or Quicken code connected Program files
- Quicken isn’t got able on the server
- Bill Payment through online, however ineffectual to send a payment
- OL-301-A error messages will occur in any of subsequent Microsoft Windows Operational Systems:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
3 Simple methods to troubleshoot Quicken Error OL-301-A
Here are possible ways by which you can eradicate this particular Quicken Error. All you need to do is to go through the given procedures carefully one-by-one and then you will automatically find that the error has been removed from the root. Take a glance at the provided instructions and follow the same:
Method 1 – In Case You Have Recently Upgraded Your Quicken to 2018 From Older Version
This process is for that person who has currently upgraded their Quicken account from the older version to 2018. For that, you need to perform some profile & branding setting changes or refresh. To do this its mandatory to clear all Temporary Internet Files. Follow the process below for doing the same:
- First, you need to locate the Online Center via navigating through Tools menu
- Now, choose the correct financial institution after clicking the dropdown financial institution arrow button
- Select Contact Info after tapping the keys CTRL+Shift simultaneously
- Navigate through the dropdown list to choose the correct account related to a bank or financial institution
- Click to Refresh after selecting correct Financial Institution Branding and Profile from the desired list
- When you click on the Send/ Update button you will be redirected to Online, so make sure you are connected with Internet
- Now start a new online session to download transaction
Method 2 – Delete Temporary Internet Files
For all the Windows operating device, the process of deleting the temporary files are different. Here, we have mentioned all those possible steps. Therefore, don’t worry either you are operating Windows 7/8/10. You can have the solution to this problem, just go through them:
For Windows 10 Users
- First, visit the Control Panel by clicking to the window Start button. Basically, in Windows 10, user can locate Windows System folder from Start menu to reach Control Panel
- Click on Internet Option for finding the Network and Internet tab
- User can easily delete history by clicking on Delete comes under Browsing history in the General tab
- Now, click Delete all option and choose Yes to confirm you want to delete all history
- Now, press the OK button
- Click Delete All, click Yes to confirm that you want to delete this information, and then press OK
Doing so, all the temporary files will be deleted completely from your Windows 10 operating device and then you can access Quicken account without confronting any error issue.
Different Ways for Windows 10 Users
In case anyone is unable to view or locate the control panel, then he/she has to follow the provided steps to delete temporary files:
- Select the File Explorer option after pressing right-button on the Start menu
- Now, select Properties after giving Right-click on the C
- Press Enter button on Disk Cleanup
- User needs to mark a tick on Temporary Internet Files and Uncheck the rest option
- Now Press OK button
- After that, start to delete by clicking on Delete Files
Delete Temporary Files in Windows 7/8
Go through the given instructions for doing this:
- First, you should click on the Start button to go to Control Panel
- Now, Find & Click on Internet Options under Network and Internet tab
- Under Browsing history, click on the delete button that you will see after clicking on the General tab
- Select the delete all option and then press YES to confirm
- Now, click OK to start deleting all the temporary files
Method 3 – Update The Account Transactions
Once you have deleted the temporary files, you will now be updating the account transactions. And for that, you need to follow the below procedure step by step:
- First, you need to go to Open Tools then One Step Update.
- Now, click on the Account section
- After that select Update Now option to start the updating procedure
Once you successfully update the account transaction, you need to log in to the account again and then tries to operate Quicken. You will surely find your Quicken Error OL-301-A disappears. Now, happily use your account with facing no error codes! To know more about this error or any other quicken error you can visit the quicken official website.
- How To Resolve Quicken Error Ol-293-A
- How To Resolve Quicken Error CC – 508
- How to fix Quicken Error CC 891?
- How to Resolve Quicken Error CC-502
- How to Fix Quicken Connectivity Problems?