How to fix quickbooks Error 6010 100?
quickbooks Error 6010 100 occurs, it simply means that quickbooks installation may have been modified and the user should reinstall the application and then try again. This error indicates that quickbooks is not permitted to access the network due to anti-virus software or firewall. There are many reasons due to which this error occurs. Below are the reasons due to which this error can occur.
Causes Of quickbooks Error 6010 100?
- When the network data file is detached from the corresponding quickbooks company (.QBW) file and transaction log file
- Registry issues of the quickbooks can also bring forth quickbooks error 6010, 100
- Your Antivirus applications such as Internet security services preventing quickbooks from accessing the network and system resources
- Accidental deletion of the quickbooks related files from another application
The Solution To Resolve quickbooks Error 6010 100?
If you want to get rid of the quickbooks error message -6010, 100, then you need to fix the possible causes promoting the error. Follow the below-explained solutions to eliminate the install error in quickbooks:
Solution 1: Restore Your Company File
- To get the task accomplished, follow the below-listed steps:
- Open the folder containing the company file
- Now find the quickbooks company file having.QBW extension
- Right-click on the file and click Copy
- Go to your Desktop and paste the file you have copied earlier
- Press and hold CTRL key and open the company file
- Your previous action will take you to the No Company Open window
- Next, hit Open or restore an existing company
- Check if the quickbooks error 6010, 100, is resolved. If the solution does not resolve the error, then move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Stop Hosting Multi-User Access
- Switch to the single-user mode by following the below-given steps:
- Leave quickbooks software and Restart your system
- Long press CTRL key and click QB icon to open the application to run it without opening the company file
- Under File tab, click Utilities and then select Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option
- Hit Yes and follow the instructions carefully
- Restart QB and check the status for QB Install error 6010, 100. If the error continues, then try the next procedure to remove the error.
Solution 3: Rename Network Data (.ND) File
- A damaged or discontinued.ND file can promote error 6010 while installing quickbooks. You can resolve the error by renaming the file having the same name as the company file but.ND extension.
- Open the folder containing the company file and select the corresponding network device.ND file
- Right-click .ND file and select Rename
- Add.OLD at the end of the file name and then close the quickbooks
- Restart quickbooks once again and see if the procedure was helpful.
- Try the next method, if you are still getting QB error code 6010.
Solution 4: Use quickbooks Clean Install Tool
In this procedure, we need to put QB Clean Install Utility to use for the error-resolution. Follow our comprehensive blog on how to use quickbooks Clean Install Tool to fix the installation errors in the quickbooks Desktop. Try to install the application to confirm if the error is fixed or not.