QuickBooks error 557 Occurs when a regular user tries to download payroll updates after upgrading QuickBooks Desktop to a new version. Streamlining the user’s payment can be one of the most daunting tasks in a business. QuickBooks payroll subscription service can Support you to make payments. To keep pace with the evolving technologies, and satisfy the ever-increasing user’s demand, QuickBooks looks for the new updates periodically. When downloading a payroll update, you may receive various technical issues. We will converse about the feasible reasons behind the error along with this error.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 557
QuickBooks error 557 can be caused due to the below-given reasons when updating payroll service in the software:
- An incomplete or corrupt update of the QuickBooks software can give rise to the error 557 in QuickBooks (Complete Instructions to Update QuickBooks)
- Corrupt installation of the QuickBooks can be another reason for payroll update error in the program
- Improper shutdown bringing forth Windows crash can cause error code 557
- Malicious virus attack on Windows system file
- It can be the damage configuration of the QuickBooks prompting the error
- Deletion of essential files from the directory.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 557:
When QuickBooks error occurs, it gives an error message on the screen, Error 557: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If not resolved, you will see the error message on your screen. You may experience a drop in the Internet connection speed sometimes, but it is not always the case. Your system starts performing sluggishly on the arrival of this QuickBooks error code.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 557
You want to maintain a crucial point in mind for the effective troubleshooting of QuickBooks payroll error 557. Ensure that you have active QuickBooks payroll subscription and updated payroll tax tables. Create data backup before getting started with the troubleshooting procedures to prevent any data disaster. Update QuickBooks to the latest maintenance release to avoid further issues after the Windows resolution. Below are some relevant solutions to resolve this same QuickBooks error code without much technical distress. Follow the below-given solutions to resolve the error.
Solution 1: Use System Restore in Windows
System Restore tool in Windows is a very common yet effective way to resolve major problems in Windows. If QuickBooks error code 557 is caused due to the anomalous Windows functioning, then this troubleshooting procedure can help.
- First of all Login your system using Admin ID and password
- Click the Start button and then Accessories – System Tools – System Restore
- Now select a restore point you have created earlier or select one from automatically created restore points
- Hit Next and wait for the System Restore
- Once the System restoring is complete, Restart the Windows
- Follow this link for a detailed guide on how to use System Restore in Windows.
- After the restore process is accomplished, restart the QuickBooks application.
Solution 2: Run a Complete Malware Scan in Your System
Running a malware scan on your system can help in the eradication of QuickBooks error 557. Many forms of malware can cause serious Windows problems, so it is essential to check your computer for malware or virus thoroughly. Also, clean your system junk (temporary files and cache data). Undo or reverse a recent change in the Windows system to avoid this QuickBooks error.