The QuickBooks Error 3120 can be faced while downloading a payment that failed but when you did it through an invoice, it was right. This error basically indicates that a specific object is missing or cannot be found. QuickBooks Error 3120 occurs when the deals request or buy requests are not up to the mark. A receipt, bill, or item is synchronized with QuickBooks through rapid inventory and connected to the initial exchange. In these cases, the initial exchange will be removed or unchecked and you will get the error message on your screen.
What Does QuickBooks Error Code 3120 Mean?
When QuickBooks error message 3120 appears on the screen, it displays the different object names such as 800000-1349276859, 14A5D-1435238985, and various others. The error message reads:
QuickBooks has reported the following error:
- Object: “800000-1349276859” specified in the request cannot be found. QuickBooks error message: Invalid argument. The specified record does not exist in the list.
- You may continue using QuickBooks by pressing the Yes button. However, troubleshooting is still required to use the application smoothly.
Main Causes Of QuickBooks Error 3120
The main causes of QuickBooks Error 3120 are as given below:
- Inappropriate account mapping.
- Initial exchange was removed or it was modified manually in QuickBooks.
- The business arrangement in Rapid Inventory was cleared and you will be asked to close it by adjusting it.
- The invoice that you want to compare is not matching up with QuickBooks.
- Inappropriate installation of QuickBooks was not properly done.
How To Eliminate QuickBooks Desktop Error 3120?
You can troubleshoot the QB update error 3120 by setting up Accounts in QB manually. Follow the below-described steps:
- QuickBooks Desktop Point Of Sale in the first place to start the troubleshooting
- Now from under the File tab, choose Preferences.
- Next, click on Workstation and go to the Account Preferences section.
- Make sure that the account selected for mapping is correct and under both the Advanced and Basic tab.
- A blank third bracket of the Account name depicts that the account setup is faulty, and you need to add an account in the Account name section to get over the error.
- Now from under the Options tab, provide the required information in the account name section and hit Save.
- Add and update the required transaction to check if the QuickBooks error 3120 is resolved.
- When the error is resolved, go to the Financial Exchange section and activate the Default QuickBooks Mapping option.