QuickBooks Error 15271 is one of the most common errors usually occurring when downloading the payroll updates or trying to update the QuickBooks Desktop. Well, during the updating process you may receive any one of these noted error messages:
- The payroll update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.
- The update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.
- Incomplete set up of QuickBooks Accounting software or corrupt download
- Because of invalidated file, the payroll update isn’t always successful
- Errors crop up due to maintenance releases every time you attempt to update QuickBooks
- When updating the QuickBooks variations and encountering the error code 15271
Causes for QuickBooks Error Code 15271
- Improper QuickBooks Software Installation
- Windows files that require QuickBooks to run may be damaged
- The thing to do before fixing this error
- Create Company file Backup
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to File then Back Up Company and Create Local Backup
- Now follow onscreen instructions to create a backup
The Solution to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15271
Step 1: Turn off UAC in your Computer
- Press Windows+R keys together from the keyboard and a Run box will come up
- Now type Control Panel and click OK
- Then go to User Accounts
- Now click on Change User Account Control Settings
- Then move the slider to Never Notify and click OK
- Now restart your computer
- After performing the troubleshooting for QuickBooks, it’s good to Turn ON UAC on your computer for safety.
- If the above step doesn’t work out for you, please proceed further with the below ones.
Step 2: Update QuickBooks to the Latest Release
- Close QuickBooks Desktop
- Press Ctrl key from the keyboard and make a double click on QuickBooks desktop icon. Do not release the Ctrl key until you see No Company Open window on your QuickBooks.
- Now go to Help Update QuickBooks Desktop…
- Click on Update Now tab to the top
- Make a check on Reset Update and then click on Get Updates
- If asks, click on OK
- Once Update Complete appears. Click on Close
- Now close QuickBooks
- Reopen QuickBooks Desktop, If asked to download new updates click on Yes.
Step 3: Uninstall & Reinstall QuickBooks
If the above steps don’t work for you. You can uninstall or reinstall QuickBooks on your computer.