QuickBooks Error 20 or QuickBooks PDF Converter Activation Error – 20 indicates that the code identified with the included QuickBooks PDF Converter is considered a registry route. Included in QuickBooks PDF Converter is an authorized driver from Intuit. QuickBooks error code 20 is most likely if the user has upgraded their operating system to Windows 7, and is using QuickBooks software due to the registry key not being updated, then the application will not work properly as it would in applications. Is one. Use the above key to store the internal settings.
To create a ‘Registry Backup’.
- Go to the ‘Registry Editor’
- Click Computer
- Press File>> Export >> Save it.
To create a ‘System Restore point’.
Manually create ‘System restore point for Windows 10’ with the below steps. The method works for Windows Vista, 7, 8, etc.
- Click ‘Create’ button, and select ‘Local Disk C’ in the system protection
- In the prompt window fill in ‘description’ of the restore point.
- Type date of the restore point.
- Click ‘create’ button to initiate the process
- The process should be completed within a minute or so.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 20
Below is the list of causes for QuickBooks Error 20. Check the following list of causes below:
- using QuickBooks in a 64-bit form of either Windows Vista or XP
- upgrading the PDF Converter to a more up to date form through Windows Update
- having QuickBooks 2007 and either QuickBooks 2008 or 2009 introduced on a similar PC
- installing operating system updates (not QuickBooks updates) via Microsoft’s Windows Update service.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 20
Below is the list of solutions for how to fix QuickBooks Error 20. Check the following list of solutions below:
Solution 1: Create a Registry Backup
- Enter the Registry Editor, select Computer in the left pane
- Click File, Export and Save it.
- Afterward, you need to create a system restore point.
- Click on the Start button, find System Restore.
- You will see the option to create a restore point. Once a system properties window appears, find and enable Protection Settings on your Local Disk C.
- If the function is disabled, click Configure and set the protection.
- Finish by clicking Apply and Ok.
- These settings should force the automatic creation of system restore points.
Solution 2: Reinstall Quickbooks.
- Enter the Control Panel and click on Programs (Apps) and Features and locate the software.
- Click Uninstall and with the operating system. then download the proper version of Quickbooks compatible
- After the reinstallation, the program, and the printer should work again.
- In case you encounter some problems which state that the uninstallation could not be completed because some files are missing, use system security applications, such as Reimage or RegCure Pro, to clean the computer from corrupted files you have to contact QuickBooks support team
Solution 3: Enter the Registry Editor.
- Press Start button on the keyboard and type regedit.
- Do not press Enter. When it appears, right-click on it
- select Run as administrator.
- Find HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIGfolder, in which you will be able to locate Software folder.
- Right-click on it and choose Permissions.
- After the new window emerges, check whether is Full Control for the Users is enabled.
- Finish by clicking Ok. Exit the Registry Editor.
Solution 4: Repairing QBPrint File.
- Insert Quickbooks 20xx Disk and Hold Down the windows logo key and press R.
- Type appwiz.cpl, In the run box
- Click on Quickbooks 20xx, From the application list
- Follow the instruction on screen, Start the repair,
- Finish the repair and you have to restart your computer.
- If the issue is not resolved then you can contact QuickBooks support team
Solution 5: Activating the Printer Spooler Service.
- Hold down the windows logo key and press R on your keyboard
- In the run box type services.msc.
- Select Printer Spooler, In the service list
- Right, Click and Click on Stop.
- You have to Right Click and Click on Start.
- Check if the QuickBooks Error Code 20 gets resolved.
Solution 6: Repair Microsoft Document Writer.
- On your Windows desktop, Right-click the QuickBooks icon and choose Properties.
- Click on Find Target (or Open File Location).
- You have to Double-click the InstallApplication, or exe, to install the PDF Converter.
- After the installation is finished, Click OK
- Click the Windows Start button and click on Run or Search.
- Enter control printers and to open the Printers window, click OK
- Windows 7: Right-click the Document Converter and click on Printer Properties
- Windows Vista or XP: you have to Right-click Document Converter and click on Rename.
- Depending on the QuickBooks version and release installed, Enter the correct name below and click on Enter:
- QuickBooks PDF Converter: QuickBooks 2007, 2008, 2009 R1-R8, 2009 R11
- QuickBooks PDF Converter 3.0: QuickBooks 2009 R9-R10, QuickBooks 2010 R3-R5
- QuickBooks PDF Converter 2.0: QuickBooks 2010 R1-R2, QuickBooks 2010 R6