QuickBooks Error 15107 occurs when the user is unable to download the payroll updates released by QuickBooks. QB error 15107 is a payroll error that states that the payroll update program can’t be initialized. This error can be problematic for the ones using the latest update of QuickBooks payroll 2017. The effects of QuickBooks error 15107 can be as follows:
- The system might shut down
- And payroll stops working
- The accounting process becomes inefficient
Also, there can be certain factors leading to this error code, which we will be discussed below in this post.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 15107
This error code usually occurs while QuickBooks updates. For a manual solution, you can also see the manual fixation steps in this blog. Here are some of the reasons due to QB Error 15107 occur:
- Incomplete or deliberately closed QuickBooks update.
- Damage or corrupt registry files.
- Payroll files are corrupted or damaged.
- Firewall settings are blocking the connection.
- There is a virus or malware attack on your computer or network.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15107
There can be very many solutions to this error, which the user can implement. The user can follow the below-given troubleshooting methods in order to resolve the error code 15107
Solution 1: Restart your Computer
- The very first method is to restart the system. Many times, various errors can be easily resolved with the help of rebooting the system.
- Restart the QuickBooks as well as your system. This process compels the error code to reset & vanish from the system screen. Hence, it will allow the system and software to work more effectively. If the error persists, go to the next solution shown below.
Solution 2: Run reboot.bat file
Now comes the second method, which is to run a reboot.bat file. This process involves a few simple steps, which are as follows:
- On the keyboard, press the Windows or Start key.
- In the search dialogue box, type in the ‘reboot.bat’ and later, tap on the Enter tab.
- The command prompt windows will appear on the screen.
- Dozens of file names will show up on your device screen. If you try to shut it down forcefully that might cause problems.
- Once the reboot.bat utility completed, Allow it to shut down on its own.
Solution 3: Download the QuickBooks Update
Downloading the QuickBooks update can also help the user solve the QuickBooks error 15107. All you have to do is to follow the steps below:
- The very first step is to close the QuickBooks application.
- And then move to the ‘C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks <version>\Components’.
- After that, the user needs to spot the folder by its name ‘Download Bxx’ where x denotes the QuickBooks version. Example: DownloadQB17
- Followed by renaming the folder as ‘DownloadQBxx.OLD’.
- Open the QuickBooks application again.
- Navigate to Help tab =>Update QuickBooks Desktop icon =>Update Now option.
- Click on the Reset the Updates icon.
- To download the latest QB update, click on the Get Updates button.
- Once the QuickBooks download, close, and reopen. Click on the Install the Update icon.
Solution 4: Fix Internet Explorer, Security, and Firewall
- The user needs to make sure that the date & time on the system is correct.
- And then verifying the network strength is a must.
- Use the ‘Internet’ option & ‘Tools’ to update or restore the settings.
Solution 5: Perform the QuickBooks Clean Installation
Utilize the ‘QuickBooks Clean Install’ tool to assist you to troubleshoot this error.
Follow the instruction as shown below:
- Download the QuickBooks clean install tool by clicking here and save it on the computer.
- To open the setup file, hit on the QuickBooks Clean Install Utility.exe.
- A permission box will pop-up; click on the ‘I Accept’ icon on the license agreement.
- Then choose the Continue tab.
- Finally, click on the OK icon.