How to fix QuickBooks Error 12157?
Quickbooks Error 12157 occurs in the 12000 error code series that results due to Network issues in the Windows operating system with Microsoft Win32 net or also called WinInet API. This API is used by QuickBooks to swiftly access Internet Protocols like FTP, HTTP, and Gopher. The Quickbooks Error 12157 typically occurs when either downloading or installing updates with the software. These error stop updates get integrated with the software which can cause serious issues in the future as these updates generally consist of fixes for the bugs reported for the current version along with some powerful features that enhance the experience of the software.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 12157
There is more than one reason for the occurrence of Error Code 12157. The below-listed reasons may be the direct result of any of the following reasons:
- Firewall constrained settings and internet safety applications
- Multiple QuickBooks software versions were released in the same year on the same system such as Quickbooks Desktop Pro 2016 and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Solutions 16.0.
- Internet settings or security applications can be responsible for the error that occurred when updating your QuickBooks Desktop software.
The Solution To Resolve The QuickBooks error code 12157
There are certain resolutions suggested by experts and certified QuickBooks professionals to resolve the error manually. However, before carrying out the steps to resolve the error, it is important to update the software to the latest version i.e. QuickBooks desktop 2020. Following any of the below-stated methods might help the users to access this annoying error. So, without further ado let us start with the list of processes.
Solution 1: Resetting system’s date and time
As one of the reasons behind the occurrence of this, is the faulty date and time on the system, it is important to rectify the basis cause of the error. For this reason, the user can follow the below steps to resolve the system’s date and time:
- First of all, the user is required to visit the clock on the right bottom of the system’s screen.
- After reaching there, right-click the mouse.
- And then select the Adjust Date or time from the list that appears after the above step.
- Now, specify or choose the current date as well as time.
- Observed by using ultimately the display screen by using hitting ok after the date and time has been rectified
- The next step in the process is to close QuickBooks.
- And then reopen QuickBooks.
- Lastly, the user is supposed to run the QuickBooks update again and observe whether the error persists.
Solution 2: Restore your computer system
The steps involved in the second method are as follows:
- First of all, click on the start of your computer option.
- And then, log in as an administrator.
- Followed by pressing start to catch and then clicking on all applications, accessories, computer tools, and later on hit the system repair option.
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to open a new window and then click on the Reinstall my Desktop option, followed by hitting Next.
- Now the user is required to click a restore point and after that hit Next, along with that select the advanced system to restore the point.
- The next step in the process is to hit next, on the confirmation window.
- And the last step is to reboot the system.
Solution 3: Changing the internet connection settings
At times improper internet connection settings might also end up in this type of error. In such cases, the following steps should be carried out:
- Firstly open QuickBooks.
- And then, visit the help menu.
- Followed by selecting the Internet connection setup.
- The next step is to select Use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet.
- Once done with that the user is required to click on Next.
- Moving ahead, the user is required to open the advanced connection settings.
- And then visit the advanced tab.
- Now, select the restore advanced settings option.
- And lastly hit OK and then done.
Solution 4: Adding QuickBooks and its additional processes to the exception of the firewall
There can be cases when the firewall or internet security settings are not configured properly. In such cases, the user needs to ensure that ports 80 and 443 are active. Also, in such a case, the following list of files should have access, namely: