QuickBooks Abort Error occurs when you have made some changes to the company file or it is unable to continue. Basically, the user must continuously abort the transaction and maintain it by restarting the system. For example, damage in the QBWUSER.ini file. Quickbooks abortion error creates some difficulty accessing company details. An error message is shown starting “Connection to lost company file”. Any changes to the data need to be re-entered. QuickBooks closes immediately. It has also been suggested that QuickBooks has some damaged files. Now explain the causes and effects of abortion error.
This blog will list the causes and solutions of QuickBooks Abort Error. Let’s have a quick look.
Some Causes of Quickbooks Abort Error
Here are some causes of Quickbooks Abort Error to Occur:
- Damaged/Missing QBWUSER.INI files, hardware issues, or damaged Windows.
- A corrupted Hard Drive
- Already damaged Program data or getting damaged.
- QuickBooks not updated to the latest version or there is damage to the Windows Operating System.
- QuickBooks firewall and Antivirus are clashing with QuickBooks File.
- Multiple computers are hosting QuickBooks Company files.
- The computer is saving company files with sleep, and hibernation mode turned On.
Symptoms for QuickBooks Abort error
- You may see QuickBooks opening or shut regularly with QuickBooks Unrecoverable error.
- Device randomly crashes
- QuickBooks has stopped operating & there may be an ‘Abort Message’ that comes at the screen.
- QuickBooks receives terminated from windows 8
- The machine shuts down without getting any error messages
A solution to Fix restoration QB Abort errors
Solution 1 –Resolve using Task Manager – To resolve the Abort Error, you may use Task Manager with the help of the given below steps.
- First of all, close QuickBooks and End QuickBooks programs in the Task Manager
- Highlight all applications that begin with ‘QB, QuickBooks, and Intuit.’
- Click ‘Stop Task’
- And then RUN ‘Repair QuickBooks’
Solution 2 – Check the Hosting Status and stop hosting Multi-user Access Complete this process with the below steps.
- Click on File Option
- Select the Utilities
- Select Stop Hosting Multi-user Access
Solution 3 – Configure Windows Firewall
Once the configuration is done on the Host Computers system as well as on the Server computer, then
- Open Company data file in a Multi-user mode
- Checkmark the option ‘Open records in a multi-user mode’.
Solution 4 – Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Download and Run the QB Install Diagnostic Tool to repair the damaged Window components.
Solution 5 – Reboot System and temporarily disable your Anti-virus Program
Reboot your system, once you have opened the QuickBooks Desktop and the error is still there. You can disable the anti-virus temporarily.
Solution 6 – Rename QBWUSER.ini file
To rename the QBWUSER.ini report, follow the below steps. This is a manual process and renaming will erase the last list of files opened. How to hidden folders where you see QBWUSER.ini file is saved.
- First of all, right-click and select the Rename
- Then, add, old at the end of the file name
- In the Meantime, rename ‘EntitleentDataStore.ecml file’
- As soon as you have renamed QBWUSER.ini and EntitlementDataStore.ecml, Then try to open company records. If you still cannot open your company file then
- Lastly, copy the file to a separate folder and Open it from there. It needs to be a local folder and not on the network location.
You can completely resolve your Quickbooks Quickbooks Abort Error by reading this post and following points in a step by step approach, above we discussed all possible methods of solution and and all possiable causes. And if you sugestion and advice regarding this post or step by sstep solution then you can leave a comment.
- QuickBooks Error 1303
- Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
- How to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371
- Quickbooks Error 1336