How to fix Outlook is Missing in quickbooks Desktop problem?
Outlook is a web mailing system that is developed by Microsoft. Microsoft outlook helps us to send a different kind of form through mails from preferences. There are three options available in quickbooks for mailing i.e webmail account, outlook, and or quickbooks e-mail. It’s very flexible to choose among these. If you choose outlook and you start to configure quickbooks Desktop to send an email, and suddenly you notice that your quickbooks desktop is missing some of the client’s email preferences.
This type of error occurs when you are using an older version of outlook. Here, in this article, we will discuss some basic issues and their prevention, which may solve your Outlook is missing in the quickbooks desktop problem.
If you don’t have time to fix Outlook is Missing in quickbooks error by self then dial +1-877-412-2915 an talk with expert.
Causes of Outlook is missing in quickbooks Desktop Error
Several causes for this error. A few common reasons are:
Causes for that quickbooks send forms outlook missing or outlook is not an option in quickbooks send forms preferences. To know all possible causes read this post.
- When there is a compatibility issue occurs.
- Using an older version of Microsoft office.
- Problem with Microsoft outlook setup.
- You have not chosen Outlook as the preferred email program on internet explorer.
- Your QB is hosted based on the Cloud and your service provider doesn’t install it.
- When the outlook is not set as the default program.
Steps to change the mail preferences
- Change the email preferences in quickbooks
- Firstly, you have to open the quickbooks Desktop properly.
- There you can see a setting option, Go to the Settings.
- Choose the Edit Option, Select Preferences.
- After that select the Send Forms option from preferences where you see the option of My preferences.
The whole process is like- Edit> Preferences> Send Forms> My Preferences
Solutions for resolve Outlook is Missing in quickbooks Desktop probllem
Solution 1:- Using quickbooks latest Version
When you are going to the solution, Make sure that you are working on the latest version of quickbooks.
Solution 2:- check the Outlook Version
Ensure that your Outlook version is supported
- Firstly the user needs to go to the outlook help menu and then choose the Microsoft office outlook from there.
- Then validate the version information as well as the Build number to install the version of outlook and after that check the version of outlook for easily set up the email.
- After that check the version of Microsoft outlook from the quickbooks ribbon.
- You need to double examine the outlook version
- Also, check the compatible version of quickbooks Desktop.
- And its quickbooks system requirements
Solution 3:-Make Outlook as a default program
Setup the Outlook as a default email program
- Firstly go to the File tab and then click on the Options.
- Then under the Startup Options, Make the Outlook program default for E-mail, Contacts, and Calendar
Outlook 2007 and earlier
- Select tools Option and click on the Other tab.
- Under the General setting, Select the Outlook program default.
Solution 4:-Set the default email program on Internet explorer
Set the Email program default in Internet Explorer
Before you started, Ensure that you have the Microsoft Outlook profile. Also, you should be able to send and receive emails from your Outlook profile
- Select Tools and Internet Options in Internet Explorer.
- Then Choose the program tab.
- Follow this instruction for Internet Explorer 9.0,8.0 and 7.0
- At the bottom of the window, Select Set programs> Set your Program default.
- Select your email application.
- Click to set the program as a default and click OK.
- After that Select set program access & computer defaults.
- Choose Microsoft Window, and From the drop-down function, select Use my current Microsoft e-mail program then OK.
- For Internet Explorer 6.0
- Firstly, you have to close and reopen Internet Explorer.
- Select Tools> Internet Options>program tab.
- In Internet Explorer, Choose Outlook as the email program then Ok.
- In quickbooks, Go to the Edit menu> preferences> Send forms> then my preferences tab.
- Select your email program with send emails using a section.
Solution 5:-Edit the mail profile in windows
In Windows, Edit the mail profile setting
- Go to the Window Start button, then Open the control panel on your Desktop.
- In the Control panel field, On the top left, enter mail> Select mail in the result screen.
- In the Mail setup window, Select show profiles. after that Select Always use this profile Option then select OK.
- Open the quickbooks and try to set it to use Outlook email.
Solution 6:-Edit the WIN.INI file
This type of file holds some system settings, including used for email.
Read this: Some deletions and editing in Qucicbooks files may cause some problems. So, we suggest that you have to follow these steps after consulting by an IT professional.
- Using your keyboard, press the window key, and type C:\Windows\. Press Enter.
- Right-click on WIN.INI file, Select Copy and paste that file separate from the location as a backup.
- Go back to the C folder and open the WIN.INI file again.
- After editing the file, Select save> Close.
- Close and open again your quickbooks software.
- In quickbooks, Select edit menu> preferences and also check the send forms preferences. here you can see Outlook should now be an option.
Solution 7:-Run Detect and Repair in Outlook
Run and Detect the errors and repair your Outlook. After the repair, you may need to try again the solution 1,2,3.
Solution 8:-Uninstall and Reinstall the Office and quickbooks
- Uninstall both quickbooks & Office.
- After uninstalling, Reinstall Office and quickbooks again.