When you want to configure Quickbooks desktop for send emails, and suddenly you see that some of the email preferences of clients are missing in your QuickBooks Desktop. Basically these type of error happens when you are using the Outlook version that is outdated or we can say not updated version. Here, In this article, we will discuss some basic issues and their preventions that might be solved your outlook is missing in QuickBooks desktop problem.
Causes of Occurring Outlook is missing in QuickBooks Desktop Error
There is a number of causes that would be a reason for this error. here we will tell you some reasons-
- When you are using an older version of Microsoft office. Because the older version of Microsoft Office does not support some integration options. So, for the best compatibility, make sure that you are using an updated version of QuickBooks Desktop and Microsoft Office.
- In Microsoft Outlook, your profile is not set up properly.
- In Internet Explorer, Outlook is not Chosen as the preferred email program.
- Your QB is hosted based on the Cloud and your service provider doesn’t installed.
Note: Here, We are telling you first that Intuit doesn’t support Microsoft applications. If you are feeling uncomfortable to perform these task, We suggest you an IT professional, they can easily resolve your issues like:
- Microsoft Office Errors and Windows
- Loss of MS Office license number
Steps to change the mail preferences
- Change the email preferences in QuickBooks
- Firstly, you have to open the QuickBooks Desktop properly.
- There you can see a setting option, Go to the Settings.
- Choose the Edit Option, Select Preferences.
- After that select the Send Forms option from preferences where you see the option of My preferences.
The whole process is like- Edit> Preferences> Send Forms> My Preferences
A Solution to resolve the missing outlook in QuickBooks Desktop
Solution 1: When you are going to the solution, Make sure that you are working on the latest version of QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Ensure that your Outlook version is supported
Firstly, you have to verify that your QuickBooks Desktop is compatible with your Outlook version.
- Verify the Outlook version
Follow some steps to verify-
- open Outlook help menu then verifies the version information. Note the Build number to install the version of outlook and after that check the version of outlook for easily set up the email.
- Check the whole of the compatible version of QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 3: Setup the Outlook as a default email program
- Go to the File tab> Option.
- Under the Startup Option, Make the Outlook program default for E-mail, Contacts, and Calendar.
Outlook 2007 and earlier
- Select tools Option and click on the Other tab.
- Under the General setting, Select the Outlook program default.
Solution 4: Set the Email program default in Internet Explorer
Before you started, Ensure that you have the Microsoft Outlook profile. Also, you should be able to send and receive emails from your Outlook profile
- Select Tools and Internet Options in Internet Explorer.
- Then Choose the program tab.
- Follow this instruction for Internet Explorer 9.0,8.0 and 7.0
- At the bottom of the window, Select Set programs> Set your Program default.
- Select your email application.
- Click to set the program as a default and click OK.
- After that Select set program access & computer defaults.
- Choose Microsoft Window, and From the drop-down function, select Use my current Microsoft e-mail program then OK.
- For Internet Explorer 6.0
- Firstly, you have to close and reopen Internet Explorer.
- Select Tools> Internet Options>program tab.
- In Internet Explorer, Choose Outlook as the email program then Ok.
- In QuickBooks, Go to the Edit menu> preferences> Send forms> then my preferences tab.
- Select your email program with send emails using a section.
Solution5: In Windows, Edit the mail profile setting
- Go to the Window Start button, then Open the control panel in your Desktop.
- In the Control panel field, On the top left, enter mail> Select mail in the result screen.
- In the Mail setup window, Select show profiles. after that Select Always use this profile Option then select OK.
- Open the QuickBooks and try to set it to use Outlook email.
Solution 6: Edit the WIN.INI file
This type of file holds some system settings, including used for email.
Read this: Some Deletion and editing in those files may be the cause of some problems. So, we suggest that these steps you have to follow by an IT professional.
- Using your keyboard, press the window key, and type C:\Windows\. Press Enter.
- Right-click on WIN.INI file, Select Copy and paste that file separate from the location as a backup.
- Go back to the C folder and open the WIN.INI file again.
- After editing the file, Select save> Close.
- Restart your QuickBooks.
- In QuickBooks, Select edit menu> preferences and also check the send forms preferences. here you can see Outlook should now be an option.
Solution 7: Run Detect and Repair in Outlook
- Run and Detect the errors and repair your Outlook. After the repairing, you may need to try again the solution 1,2,3.
Solution 8: Uninstall and Reinstall the Office and QuickBooks
- Uninstall both QuickBooks & Office.
- After uninstalling, Reinstall Office and QuickBooks.
Read More :