An Intuit Interchange Format (IIF) is a type of file format which is used in Quickbooks desktop to import or export lists of transactions. These files make it uncomplicated to transfer data to and from dissimilar platforms to manage company records in a better way. These QuickBooks IIF files include ASCII text, TSV(Tab Separated Value). You can import things like your transactions of banks, accountant changes, journal entries, and batch transactions and you can import the list of customers and vendors. If you want to know How to create an IIF file for Quickbooks? and looking for any other information related to that read the complete post you will know about the steps for creating an IIF file for Quickbooks and easily create it.
How to create an IIF file for Quickbooks Desktop
If you have QuickBooks Desktop assimilation, you can create an QuickBooks intuit interchange format (IIF) file after running Payroll. This file contains payroll along with accounts in Desktop.
- Click on the report tab after you have run payroll.
- Click the payroll history tab.
- After the payroll and click to view all the details.
- Go to QuickBooks, click on the Export.
- After this, IIF files will be downloaded to your computer.
- Enter into your QuickBooks Desktop account and upload the file.
Learn about the import and export transactions of an IIF file:
Export IIF file
You can export iif file by following few steps, with a few steps you can easily export iif file.
- Enter into your company as an admin.
- Then in the File menu click on the switch to single-user mode
- Select utilities and then export and select export IIF files.
- Save the IIF file where you want to save it.
- ‘Enter the file name to save.
- Click the save option.
Import IIF File
Want to know how to import IIF file or what is the process to import iif file then follow these bellow mentioned steps, by following bellow discussed steps my will learn how to import iif file.
- Login to QB as admin
- Then click on the single-user mode in a file menu
- Build a backup of your company files then from this, you can restore if the data does not import.
- Save the file and open it.
- Select ok to make sure that your data was imported.
Edit an IIF File
If you are Quickbooks user and want to edit iif file then follow these steps by following these steps you can easily edit iif file.
- Go to file and open in Microsoft excel.
- Directory to your IIF file.
- Select all the files.
- Make the changes in your file that you want.
- Click on the save option.
- Close excel. you will see the save option again but do not save.
You will absolutely know How to create an IIF file for Quickbooks desktop? and know the process of importing & exporting iif files. If you want to know more about the IIF file or any other file type then you must need to find the best Quickbooks Proadvisor for your company or if you have any suggestions and advice related to iif file then leave a comment.
- How to open a QuickBooks file without QuickBooks?
- HOW TO PRINT W2 IN QUICKBOOKS
- Fix QuickBooks error PS033?
- QuickBooks for Lawyers or Law Firms
- How to QuickBooks 2017