How To Resolve Quicken error cc-506?
Quicken error cc-506 error message means Quicken can’t able to find an account with your downloaded information that means maybe your account is closed by the bank or financial institution or may be account number or your name is changed on the bank website. And you can also get error cc-506 due to your old account that is active on your bank or financial institution. If you get this error or Quicken is unable to find your account and want to know how to handle this error or want to know how to fix Quicken error code cc-506, then read this complete post by reading this you will know all about error cc-506 and understand how to fix or resolve this error.
4 Causes of Quicken CC-506 error
Before resolving Quicken cc 506 we need to understand why we get this error or what we need to monitor to avoid cc-506 error with a quicken accounting software, to know that read the bellow mentioned points, and understand why your software generating 506 error, then proceed to step by step process for resolving that error.
- If the Quicken software download is corrupted.
- Due to the corrupted Windows registry
- If your computer and software inside are attacked by any virus or malware.
- If your Quicken files are infected
Symptoms to identify the Quicken Error CC-506
There are several symptoms by which you can identify the error:
- If the active program crashes.
- If there is a cc-506 error, it will crash your system.
- Your screen will display “Quicken Error Code CC-506”.
- The PC will start responding late or slowly to keyboard and/or mouse input.
- If the system freezes periodically because of error cc-506.
3 simplest ways to fix Quicken Error CC-506
Bellow, we discussed 3 step by step methods to fix Quicken error cc-506 or, to fix you need to carefully follow these steps.
STEP 1: Make sure Quicken is up to date
- Open Quicken
- Go to Help – Check for Updates
- If Quicken is up to date that’s great or if not you’ll get a notification to install the latest release on the next screen
- Click Yes to install it
- It may take some time or get an exit for installing the latest update, but you don’t need to worry about your work being saved.
STEP 2: Refresh online account information
- Go the account from the account bar
- Click on gear icon with a drop-down arrow and click Update Now (Ctrl+Alt+U)
- On the next screen, it’ll ask you for bank password and click Update Now
- If an account does update do the same for other ones that experience the same problem.
STEP 3: Deactivate/Reactivate the account that experiences this problem
- Go to Tools – Account List (Ctrl+A)
- Click on Edit for the account that has this error code
- Select Online Services
- Click on Deactivate and then click Yes
- Click OK and Done
Now we’ll take some extra steps just to make sure Quicken files are safe.
- Go to File – File Operations – Validate and Repair…
- Check on Validate File
- Click OK
- Click Yes, If Quicken asking you to save the transactions
- Now Quicken begins the validation process. ( It may take some time depending on your Quicken file size)
- Once Validation has completed, you’ll get a DATA LOG notepad that states to you about your Quicken file condition.
- If you get some errors in DATA LOG
- If no error has been found in the DATA LOG, try to reactivate the account
Reactivate the account
- Go to Tools – Account List (Ctrl+A)
- Click on Edit for the same account that experience Quicken error CC-506
- Select Online Services and click Set up Now…
- On the next screen, you’ll ask for your financial institution logins (username and password)
- Click Save this password (Optional) afterward, it may ask you for a Quicken vault password or Quicken ID and Password
- In the process to reactivate your account quickly will pull up your bank information, make sure to LINK it instead of adding it again. (See an image below)
- Click Next and then Finish
By discussing all the above discussed 3 methods of the solution you can easily fix Quicken error cc-506, if you are still unable to fix this error then you can visit Quicken official website and contact official Quicken experts.