How to fix quickbooks Error 61?
As you, all aware quickbooks is accounting software and it is having some technical error and bugs which needs to be handled immediately. One of the technical error we are going the discuss in this blog. That is quickbooks error 61.
quickbooks Error 61 is a very common error that most users face while working on quickbooks software. This error occurs when you update your software or while doing some other function.
This error is occurred due to hardware failure or there are corrupted files in your system and when there is a software issue or problem in the .Net framework. The user sends and receives an error while using quickbooks data. The error also occurs while doing quickbooks tasks like refreshing, downloading, opening an account, etc.
Causes of quickbooks Error 61
- When company files are damaged
- When there is a virus attack
- When log files get corrupted
- When the user by mistakenly deleted registry files.
- When suddenly shutdown of the system
4 Methods to quickbooks error 61
If you follow these methods step by step then you will able to resolve the quickbooks error 61:
- Firstly you need to open quickbooks
- Then the user needs to go to the File menu and then select the utilities from the menu
- Then click on the rebuild data form the utilities
- Now you need to press the ok button if you get a message to back up your company file
- Again user need to wait for a few minutes till the message prompt on your screen with quickbooks is not responding
- Then click on the ok button after the rebuild has completed message prompt on your screen
- Firstly the user needs to open the quickbooks
- Then click on the chart of the account which is under the edit menu
- Then go to view menu and then choose the re-sort the chart of the account list
- Again user need to go to the quickbooks menu bar and then select the list and the chart of accounts
- Then press a checkmark on the Include inactive checkbox which is at the button of the window
- Again go to the menu bar and click on the view and then select the re-sort list option
- When your screen prompt a message are you sure you want to return this list to its original order then click on the ok button
- Then the user needs to verify the company file
- If you still face an error then go to the next method
- Now the user needs to create a new account and then merge it with a damaged account
- At last, the user needs to open the file and view if the error resolves
- Firstly the user needs to open your quickbooks application
- Then go to the File menu and then click on the open and restore company option
- Now choose the open a company file option and then click on the Next button
- Now you need to look for the data file and after that click on the file to open it
- Then the user needs to follow the on-screen steps to move the company file window that appears
- The user needs to update the company file for the new version section
- Now the user needs to click on the update button and then follow the screen instructions
- Click on the yes button when you receive the message you are about to open a company file using a newer version of quickbooks …. Do you want to continue
- Then copy the backup you created and then look for the .qbw files
- When you get the file and then click on the payroll service option and then select the account info/process option
- Firstly the user needs to download the reimage repair tool
- Then the user needs to click on the yes button to start the installation process
- Now reimage utility will clean your system and figure out the condition of the system and its program
- After the cleaning process, reimage will show the damages and tells you the how-to repair the damages
- Then the user needs to click on the start repair button
- Now the user needs to restart your computer and then open your quickbooks application and check error is resolved
After reading this blog, I hope you understand what is quickbooks error 61 and why it occurs and how to fix this error.