As we know QuickBooks has so many error codes, QuickBooks error code 248 is one of them. Today, in this blog, we are going to know the reasons and solutions for QuickBooks error 248. So Let’s begin without wasting any time.
But before resolving we need to understand what is Quickbooks error 248, error code 248 in one of the common errors that any entrepreneur will get when they are trying to run employee payroll or back up of a company file. With this error code, you will get an error message “company file not found” those means you need to recreate the company file.
Causes of Quickbooks error 248
- Problem is with company file or company file not found
- Due to overpayment to employee
3 Ways to fix Quickbooks error 248
Any user can easily fix Quickbooks error codes by following some simple points. If you want to fin error code 248 then carefully follow below discussed methods.
Method 1: Rebuild Run QuickBooks Data Utility
- Open the QuickBooks application and under the File tab, choose Utilities
- Now click on rebuild data option
- Follow the on-screen instructions with the utmost care to save your company’s backup files
- Wait until the file backup process is complete and then click OK to finish working.
- If QuickBooks Error 248 persists after this troubleshooting process, proceed to the next solution.
Method 2: Make Use Of Verify Data Utility
- Click the QuickBooks application first
- Now go to the File tab and choose Utilities and Verify Data.
- If you receive the message it is OK QuickBooks did not find a problem with your data.
- If the utility company detects any problems in the file, then click on rebuild now to fix the problem
Method 3: Create and Add Items to QuickBooks
- Click on the payroll list option from within the list section and then select a new item
- Next, click on the Custom Setup option and click Next.
- Enter a name for the new item you want to add to QuickBooks
- Now select an appropriate account to link the item to.
- Neither kill nor then the next.
- Enter the outstanding balance and then click Finish.
Once after completing or carefully reading this post you will get solution of Quickbooks error 248 and completely understand how to fix, but due to any complication if you still can’t able to fix, then you can contact Quickbooks Proadvisor.
- How To Resolve Quickbooks Error 15241
- How To Resolve Quickbooks Error 324
- How to fix Quickbooks Error 15240
- How to solve Quickbooks Error Code C=224