Quickbooks point of sale is very powerful and trustworthy software for retails stores. These types of software mostly used in North America. This software is helpful in managing inventory, billing, and much more. But there are also some technical errors which are found in this software which needs to handled immediately. In this blog, we are going to discuss the one common error which is found in POS that is Quickbooks Error 1706. Quickbooks Error 1706 occurs during the updation and installation of the software.
Causes of Quickbooks Error 1706
- When the .net framework is not compatible
- Incomplete installation of .net framework
- Over fragmented files are found
- Window registry has some issue
- So many applications are running at windows startup time
- Damage in Quickbooks POS files
Methods to fix Quickbooks Error 1706
Methods1: Use Microsoft Fixing tool
- Firstly download the system file checker tool from the Microsoft official website
- Then install the tool and follow the on-screen instructions
- Now run the by double-clicking on the tool icon
- The tool will start repairing the windows file which is consist of the .net framework
- Now restart your system and reopen your QuickBooks POS and check the issue is removed or not.
Method 2: Reinstall the QuickBooks POS software
- Firstly download the Quickbooks POS software from the official website of the intuit
- Then right-click on the POS executable file
- Now overwrite the existing file in case if you get a prompt message on your screen at the time of the installation process.
- After that select all the positive options which will appear on your screen like yes, ok, next, etc
- Then enter the license number and the product number which you have
- Now select the user mode according to you.
- If you have done something wrong and selected wrong then you need to reinstall the software again.
Method 3: Update the Quickbooks POS Software
- Firstly download and update the Quickbooks POS from the intuit official site
- Then select the Quickbooks POS as the product from the product drop-down menu
- Now choose the edition option
- Then select the version of the year
- After that click on the search tab
- Then click on the link which is having the label get the latest update
- Now save the file
- After that double-click on the downloaded file to install the updates
- At last, you need to restart the computer and then check issue is removed or not.