In this blog, we are going to discuss what happens when Quickbooks bank feed not working or we can say what happens what QuickBooks bank feed stops working. What are its causes and how to fix this problem? If you are facing this type of issue then read this blog.
Quickbooks are having many amazing features that help the business housing to work under one roof. There is no need to go here and there to do their work. Like this one of these features is a bank feed. Bank feed allows the user to connect their bank account and the credit account with QuickBooks and it will automatically update each and everyday transaction which is happened in the bank. It helps in checking the transaction that took place and you can match every transaction with your saved data.
Causes of QuickBooks Bank Feed Not Working
- When Quickbooks and bank stops sync there data
- When Quickbooks doesn’t support some particular bank
- Retrieving data that is older than 90 days
Rectifying steps of Quickbooks bank feed not working
These are some methods to solve the bank feed issue:
Method 1: Clean the browsing data
Before clearing the cache you need to check if there is any notification from your bank. If there is not notification then follow these steps to clear the cache:
- Firstly go to the browser window
- Then go to the bank site
- Now the user needs to login into your bank account with their login details.
- After that check your transaction
- Now check if there is any notification pending, then complete your action
- Then logout from the bank account
- Again open your browser window
- Then click on the customized and control icon from the main menu
- Then search for the history option
- After that delete all the files and data which is there in the browsing history
- Now open the bank feeds in QuickBooks and check is there any issue left. If you still face the error then move to the next step
Method 2: Use the private window to open Quickbooks
Sometimes you need to change the browsing window also. Browsing windows also create a problem. You need to use the private window, where nothing will be stored or recorded. Private windows are not having any browsing data and cookies to stored.
If you are using google chrome then you need to open the Quickbooks bank feed in a new incognito window and if you are using internet explorer then you need to open the Quickbooks bank feed in the new private window and so on for any other browsers.
After opening the private window you need to log in to your QuickBooks account and then you need to check your bank feed is updated in Quickbooks or not. If it’s not updated then move forward to the next method.
Method 3: update your login details
Sometimes the user changes the bank account details and forgets to update the details in QuickBooks. That is the reason for Quickbooks bank feed not working issue occurs.
To update bank login details in QuickBooks. Then follow these steps:
- Firstly open your Quickbooks account
- Then look for the banking option and then click on the banking button
- Now you need to select the problematic bank account
- Then click on the edit button for doing editing to the bank account
- Now click on the edit sign-in info button
- Then you need to update your bank account with username and password
- After that click on the update sign-in info button
- After hitting the button, you will see a message like credentials have been updated
- Then you need to click on I am done button for confirming your action
After completing the steps to need to again check the bank feed in Quickbooks, if still error occurs then move forward to the next method.
Method 4: Disconnect the bank account
Now you need to reset the bank account if there is an issue with the account
- Firstly open the Quickbooks application
- Then you need to search for the banking menu option and then click on the banking button
- Now you need to choose the bank account which is having an issue
- Then click on the edit button for editing the bank name
- Now click on the edit account info option
- Then make a mark on the disconnect this account field and then click on the save button and then press the close button for closing the window
Method 5: Reconnect the bank account
- Firstly you need to sign in to your bank account
- Now copy the web address
- Then open the QuickBooks and then click on the banking option from the bank menu and then click on the add account
- Now you need to paste the web address on the enter your bank name or the URL box
- Then you need to click on the ok button
- Then again check the issue is resolved
Method 6: Update the Quickbooks
- Firstly open your QuickBooks
- Then go to the help button
- Then click on the update Quickbooks button and if there any update then click on the yes button for automatic update
- Now click on the save button and then close the window.
- Quickbooks WorkForce
- QuickBooks Error 61
- How to Download QuickBooks File Doctor Tool & install & update?
- How to fix QuickBooks Online(QBO) login problems?