Quickbooks error 12057 is a payroll error that occurs when a user trying to update the payroll application. Payroll errors are quite frustrating and tiring. Some payroll error pauses our work in between and some error does not allow the user to download the updated payroll and tax tables with will help us in the calculation.
If you are a Quickbooks user and you are facing Quickbooks payroll error 12057 then read this article, in this article, we are going to discuss what is Quickbooks error 12057 and what are its causes behind this error and its troubleshooting steps.
Quickbooks Error 12057 occurs when there is a configuration issue in the system files. There are several reasons for the occurrence of this error.
Reasons for Quickbooks Error 12057
- When there is an internet connection problem
- Problem with firewall settings
- Some party program blocking the Quickbooks
- SSL network settings are not proper
- When the network server put some restrictions to access Quickbooks
- When there is network time out to establish a connection
There are some 12000 series errors that occur when there is a connective issue with windows. These types of errors reported by the Microsoft win32 internet application programming interface. When Quickbooks uses the WinInet API for establishing the connection to access the standard internet protocol such as HTTP etc. Few errors come under this category.
- Quickbooks error 12001 to 12006: This error comes when Quickbooks cannot able to complete the update process. If you want to resolve this error then you need to check the internet connection, if your connection is proper then try to update the Quickbooks then your problem will be fixed.
- QuickBooks error 12007: this error comes when Quickbooks not able to find the IP address of the server. If you want to resolve this error then you need to check the internet connection, if your connection is proper then try to update the Quickbooks, and later you will see your problem is fixed.
- Quickbooks Error 12008 to 12164: This error occurs when Quickbooks cannot complete the Quickbooks update. If you want to resolve the error then you need to check the internet connection, if it is working properly then again try to update the Quickbooks, and then later you will see your error is fixed.
- Quickbooks Error 12052: This error comes when there is a connectivity issue in Quickbooks and Quickbooks not able to download the updates.
Solutions of Quickbooks Error 12057
Step 1: Check your internet connection Settings
It is a very important step in the 12000 series. You need to check the working of the internet connection. Then follow these steps:
- Firstly open the Quickbooks
- Then go to the help bar
- Now select the internet connection setup
- After that put the checkmark on the use my computer internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet
- Then choose the next button and then click on the done button
Step 2: check Advanced Connection Internet Settings
- Firstly check the internet connection and then check the internet settings
- Then click on the advanced connection settings
- Now make sure SSL 3.0 and the SSL 2.0 are checked
- After that click on the apply button and then click on the OK button
- Then close the Quickbooks Software
- Now restart the Software and then the user needs to update the Quickbooks payroll services.
Step 3: Rectify the Network Settings
Firstly open the connection setup from the internet menu and then confirm the network setting to manage the system. This process will help you to fix the error.
Step 4: Configure the Internet Security Protocol
- Firstly click on the System internet connection
- Then click on the Next button
- Now go to the internet properties windows and then change the SSL 3.0 and SSL 2.0
- Then click on the Ok button
- After that verify the internet connection and then the internet explorer.
After reading this article, I hope you understand what is QuickBooks Error 12057 and now you will able to fix error. If you still need any type of help in fixing the error then contact our expert.