Using Intuit QB Desktop, you can be managing a large amount of inventory (making it the best accounting choice for retail shops) and job costing. QuickBooks Desktop still provides the following feature sets that QB online does not. You need to subscribe to QuickBooks Payroll Service to enable the payroll features in your QB Desktop Software. You can choose from Basic, Enhanced or Assisted Payroll features. QuickBooks Mac does not work with Quickbooks Payroll service. For Mac users, Intuit provides payroll add-on. Intuit Online Payroll only exports transactions without QuickBooks Online Payroll to QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop.
QuickBooks Desktop Software
A QuickBooks Desktop Software is accounting software that you install on your desktop. Intuit provides 3 versions of this Software i.e. PRO, PREMIUM, ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS. With the help of this software you can do your invoicing, bookkeeping, billing and also you can easily track sales and expenses, accept payments and scan receipts.
If you are not interested in subscribing to any of the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Services, You can choose manual payroll in QuickBooks. In manual setup, QuickBooks Desktop will not calculate your payroll taxes or provide payroll tax forms.
How to subscribed Payroll service in QuickBooks Desktop
To Know your subscribed payroll service:
- Go to Employees> My Payroll Services> Manage Service Key. In the QuickBooks Service Keys window, search the payroll service name in the SERVICE NAME list.
Some Key Features of QuickBooks payroll Service
QuickBooks Payroll Service Features
- Payroll Updates – Payroll Updates section has the calculations for supported state and federal tax tables, payroll tax forms for small business, and e-file and payment options.
- Create Paychecks – You can create paychecks with automatic tax calculations. Note: a fee may apply for nominal usage
- Direct Deposit for Employees – You can deposit your employee’s payroll directly to your employee’s checking or savings account. Note: Fees may apply for per-transaction and per-payroll transmission.
- Direct Deposit for 1099 Contractors – Direct Deposit for 1099 contractor’s option provides QuickBooks Payroll customers the capacity to send direct deposits to 1099 Independent Contractors.
- View MyPaycheck (Latest feature) – Intuit provides ViewMyPaycheck- https://paychecks.intuit.com/ website which makes it more simple for employers to give 24/7 online access to their own paycheck detail.No more tension for printing and mailing payslips every payday. Just sign in to ViewMyPaycheck account and see any current or previous pay stubs
- Federal Forms – With QuickBooks Payroll Standard and Enhanced Payroll, QuickBooks Desktop automatically fills in the latest W-2, 94x Forms, 1099/1096 Form and other Federal Forms. You can print the forms with just a few clicks and mail to the particular federal agencies.
- State Forms – No need to fill Tax forms because, with Enhanced Payroll, QuickBooks Desktop automatically fills in the latest State Tax Forms. QuickBooks Desktop will help you in handling the forms and guide you to stay in agreement with your state regulations. Intuit files and pays the taxes for you with the help of Assisted Payroll.
- E-file and E-pay – You can set the E-file filing method of your Federal and State forms. In place of printing and mailing the forms, send them electronically to the suitable agencies in QuickBooks Desktop. Also, you can set the payment method. This facility is available in QuickBooks Payroll Enhanced.
- Intuit Workers’ Comp Payment Service (latest feature added to our payroll service) – Don’t worry if you not prepare an estimate or pre-pay because Compensation Payment Service automatically pays all your workers. Comp premiums every pay period based on your actual payroll data. No need to pay the late fee if you forget to send a payment.
- No tax penalties guaranteed – If you provide data accurately on time, your payroll tax deposits and filings are on time and accurate then no penalties guaranteed with QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted
- Create tax forms for clients on standard or Basic Payroll – With basic or standard payroll subscription you can produce federal and state tax forms for the client.
- Filling as a Reporting Agent – With the help of QuickBooks Desktop, you have the capability to file federal forms as an authorized e-file provider.
- Auto-Fill option for paid Preparer information – Setup QuickBooks Desktop to automatically fill in the federal forms.